Monday, May 22, 2006

Happy Monday Morning!!

Well, today I said, "Pooh!" to the treadmill. But not to fret -- I walked outside with Todd, instead! We walked just over a mile and a half in 30 minutes. I have no idea what my statistics are, but it felt good! I really do prefer walking in God's creation over walking in Todd's creation (the treadmill is in his study). The sights, sounds, and smells are so much more interesting! The only thing I could do without is the assortment of neighborhood dogs. Grrruff.

Interestingly enough, our SS lesson this week is on creation. Perhaps I will be more aware of God's creation this week -- all aspects of it -- as I study and prepare for the lesson.

I enjoy walking with Todd -- we have some of our best conversations when we are walking together. I wish we did it more frequently. But I can't complain -- I think I'm probably the holdup!

God, I pray that You will give me wisdom and discernment through this day. Enable me to rely on You as my sole source of strength and leadership. Protect me from my own fleshly desires. Enable me to see Your escape when I'm confronted with temptation, so I know in what direction to flee.

I ask that You would continue to allow Your presence to be felt within the traveling quartet. Bless their travel time to Paris and their stay. I know they're probably feeling a little travel tired by this point -- refresh them and lift their spirits. Protect them and keep them safe.

Thank You for being my Lord and King, and yet, You're so personal. You hear me when my requests are their most trivial, in the scheme of things. I love You, Lord.

What a happy day!

:)

0 left a comment . . .: