Wednesday, December 01, 2010

stitcher's group . . .

I had such a fun time last night, hooking up with our Stitcher's Group and just hanging out. I couldn't remember what time they met (I've only been to the Tuesday night meeting once before), but I figured it was either six or six-thirty, so I got there at six-fifteen. I was the first one there!

Folks were slow coming in (it started at six-thirty), but we eventually had a group of eight or nine sitting around the tables. I think there was only one of us actually working on a quilt, and several of us weren't working on anything, they just came for the chat and the company! Most of us were working on Christmas-related projects. One was working a fleece blanket for her father-in-law's gift, two were working on ornaments, and I was working on hostess gifts for the Christmas party season!

I really like the holly tea towel; the buttons were fun!

And I finished sewing most of my yo-yo's for the tea towel snowmen!

With all the happy chatter and laughter, the evening passed by too quickly. Next thing I know it's already nine o'clock and time to head out! Our group Christmas party is on the 14th, and I'm looking forward to it already!

It's December -- can you believe it? Let the countdown begin, but in the middle of all the hustle and bustle, don't forget:

Jesus is the reason for this season!

:)

5 left a comment . . .:

Gran - Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Nice post! Do you have a pattern for the yo-yo snowman tea towel? Hugs

Cathy said...

I love the tea towel! What a great idea. I just might have to do a variation on that one.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Your holly tea towel is adorable and I love the buttons on it too! Your snowman towel is going to be cute too. I have always liked yo-yo's. Can't wait to see it finished up. Love & blessings from NC!

june at noon said...

I just got home from a crafty girls' night. Such fun to get creative amidst laughter and chatter with friends.

Paula and Mel said...

I can't wait to see your snowman towel.
Very nice post about your get together.
Yes, Jesus is the reason. I saw a sign on a church that said "It is Christmas NOT Giftmas!" I thought that was great.
You have a lovely day.
Hugs
Paula