Monday, June 27, 2011

patriotic design . . .

I played around in EQ7 over the weekend. I found a design I like. It's a simple pinwheel, but I like the look ... now it's just a matter of putting the colors where I want them. I've got five different samplings that I like. Now it's just a matter of deciding which one I like best. Hubby's already put in his vote. And I admit, I'm leaning towards a particular combination. But I'd love to hear what others have to say, too!


Block 1


Block 2


Block 3


Block 4


Block 5

Which one would you want gracing your table on Independence Day?!?

Oh, and don't forget to go and check out what other fabulous work is going on in the quilting world by visiting Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times.

Happy Monday!

:)

22 left a comment . . .:

Kate said...

Block 4 would be my choice.

Vivian said...

My vote is 1 or 5. Not sure why. They just caught my eye.

Jo said...

I am liking block 1...but all would be great. I love how the two blocks play together.

Quilter Kathy said...

I like block 4 for a tabletopper, but I'd like to see block 3 in a large quilt...I think the diagonal chains would give a really cool effect.

Connie said...

I like Block 1 the best, have fun playing in EQ!

Judy D in WA said...

I like them all but I think 2 is my favorite. Don't you love playing in EQ!!!

sue said...

I vote for number 1. I think the layout is very pleasing!

Vicki said...

I like 5. I am all for the trad rew/white/blue with a little border. Nice design!

Chris said...

I am with #4. I love the colors.

Paula and Mel said...

They are are wonderful. Block 2 really caught my eye as I was scrolling down. Block 4 also caught my eye.
Have fun and can't wait to hear which one you choose.
Hugs

marcella said...

Wow, it's really hard to pick a favorite. Can I pick three? Ok, maybe three favorites is excessive. How about two? I like the first one because the pattern is so fun and different. But I like the rhythm of block 4 as well even though it's more expected. Did you and your husband pick the same one?

Cathy said...

I like 1. It's bright and fresh and would lovely on your table.

SpinningStar said...

I'd go with either 1 or 4, but they all are interesting.
liz

Gari said...

Oh, I really like #3. I think it is because of the difference between the segments of the block. And it could be because I love orange and blue (Auburn colors). ;-)

Sue H said...

What fun with pinwheels! Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving a comment. (I am leaning towards #5.)

Barbara said...

Block 4 is my fav, followed by Block 1. It will be great, whatever you do!

Barb in Mi said...

Ok, my vote is for block # ...5! Love the 'bigger', more substancial look of the pinwheels.

scraphappy said...

I love the positive and negative effect, but that little bit of yellow in number 4 really pops for me. How fun to be able to test out all your ideas in EQ

AnnieO said...

I like Block #1! From a distance, there is a curve that shows up that is quite nice. Have fun!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Block 1 really is eye catching, all though they all are nice! Block 5 leaves alot of white space if you want to do some fancy quilting. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them! Cheers! Evelyn

Cherie in St Louis said...

I really like block 4 the best :) I love that you have a virtual design wall!!

Alycia said...

I like 4 the best - and I have no reasoning other than I liked it! Good luck and have fun!