Saturday, October 08, 2011

lovely gifts . . .

My darling friend, Tina, brought dinner by for us on Thursday of last week. Tina is such a sweet friend . . . she's a sister in so many ways -- we're both quilters, songbirds, tea lovers, bloggers, and most importantly, we're sisters in Christ!!

She made for us her famous Pizza Casserole, which really is quite tremendous, along with bread sticks, a salad, and a turtle pie! It was such a delicious meal! Joc happened to be here and ate with me -- she raved over the casserole and asked for the recipe. I knew it would be good -- I'd actually first had it when Tina made it for us in 2010, after I'd had the accident. Todd and I both enjoyed it so much, I asked her for the recipe then. She brought it with her last week! Yay!

She also brought me a little surprise "happy"!

Sweet, personalized note cards!! At first I thought, wow, these are really cute with this tea place setting . . .

And then I realized that the photo was not just of any tea place setting. That was MY tea place setting!

The was my tea table from the 2009 Mother Daughter Tea, and she'd taken her own photo and saved it to use for "tea notes" for me, later on down the line. Isn't that so sweet?? As I said, she really is a darling, darling friend. One thing that Tina is that I'm not, though . . .

A professional photographer!! This was the back of the little note cards. You really should check out her blog HERE, if you've got a moment. :)

And then this morning, Todd took me for my first venture out of the RV since the surgery. Our first stop was the post office and you know what?!?! There was a BIG old BOX with my name on it, waiting to be opened! I didn't know what it was or who it was from, so I commenced to opening!

What a happy birthday surprise!! From my sweet sister, Cynthia . . .

What wonderful, wonderful antique 'collectibles' jars!!!


I love this one -- Ball: "Perfect Mason"! The glass is so sparkly, pretty!

The lid is wonderfully weighted, too -- it's got good heft.



I adore this little Wheaton guy . . .

The glass lid is really charming.

But the texture on this one is magnificent . . .

The grid pattern is all the way around the jar except for a blank rectangle-shaped spot for a label. Too wonderful -- I just love the way it feels in my hands!

And in the big jar, was this little baggy . . .

With the fun little tags, and a little envelope, in which I found . . .

Fun, little cut outs!

Cynthia shares my affinity for button collecting . . .

My buttons will look so super-duper spiffy in these gorgeous jars!

In a bit ... I want to just enjoy them on their own merit for a while. And since the "Foto Finish" theme today is old, it's the perfect opportunity to link up and share my new antique jars. Check 'em out at Cat Patches.

I'm going to sit back and enjoy my loverlies. James, Kim and Sawyer are headed over this evening with dinner to share -- yay, more Sawyer time!! Yes, my birthday isn't until Monday (the day I pick a winner for my giveaway!) but let the birthday festivities commence!

:)

14 left a comment . . .:

Barbara said...

Oh you are too funny! I thought as the birthday girl, you were going to say that it was YOU that was old. But I imagine you're just a spring chicken like me.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Charming entry, I wondered how canned goods could be old. :-)

Connie said...

Looks like you are getting some wonderful gifts! I bet it felt good to get out for a little bit too.

Kate said...

Very cool something old! Happy Birthday by the way!

Pat said...

Happy Birthday a couple of days early! I love the notecards and also those great jars. Now......will you share the pizza casserole recipe with us, too? (Or link us to where you might already have shared it...as I missed it if you did that already.) Thanks!

501 Quilt Blocks said...

Years ago I used to do a lot of canning but I never knew there were so many different jars. What fun!

Quilt Hollow said...

I too just love old canning jars...Happy Birthday!!!

Love Bears All Things said...

Happy Birthday in case I don't get back by tomorrow....what lovely friends and sisters you have. I love the jars. I have several of the blue ones, a half gallon, 2 quarts and a pint. They're on a shelf in my living room. The half Gallon one was found by my nephew in a little hill out in the woods behind my parents' house. It was completely in tact and had the lid on it. One of the quarts was given me by my Mother. She collected several and told me she had enough for each daughter and granddaughter to have one so when we broke up their housekeeping, I made sure they each got their jar.
Blessings on your day,
Mama Bear

Brooke said...

Some very fun treasures, indeed!

Jean said...

Woo Hoo! Sounds like you had a stellar day. How you feeling?

Jean said...

Woo Hoo! Sounds like you had a stellar day. How you feeling?

Kigwit said...

That pizza casserole sounds pretty good!

quiltzyx said...

I've popped over from Foto Finish - I LOVE your 'new' jars! I have a thing for glass - jars, art glass, glass glasses....!
Thanks for sharing these with us. :D

Tina Wright Photography said...

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned to you how many times I am BEHIND on EVERYTHING including your blog posts!! Can't believe I missed this one that day!! I should have known you would post picts! :) You're just too sweet! AND you linked my blog... What a darling friend YOU are TO ME! God is so good to have sent your friendship to me! Love you dearly & Thank YOU! :) ... (So appreciated your sweet words in the note today, needed those hugs! and need to see you again soon!!) Love ya friend!
Tina :) ...