Tuesday, January 17, 2012

what a grand(baby) day . . .

You've got to figure, given that I was able to drive and did indeed drive my happy self to see *both* of my precious grandchildren yesterday, that today's post would be laden with pics of said visits.

You figured correctly.  :)

I started out the gate of the camp and took it as a great sign that our neighbor's cows were out and seemed to watch me roll down the road.
Those cows would come in handy, later.

I spent a lovely afternoon with Jocelyn, Jason and especially Miss Ellie.  Thank you Jason for capturing this darling shot of Ellie snuggling with her Neesey!  I'm pretty sure she was grinning in her sleep. 
 Princess Leia also put in several appearances.  Evidently she's not as enamored with Ellie as I am. 
She's also quite vocal about it.  Poor thing.  She experienced a lot of trauma as a baby cat, so she's not real trusting of humans.  It's taken her a long time just to allow me to pet her.  And now they want to bring a *baby* into her home?  Oh the indignity.  :)

Jason also captured this shot of the lovely flowers my folks sent to Joc as well as this darling card one of Jason's aunt sent.  I think everyone's in on the Ellie color scheme!
See the little birdie in the flower arrangement?  So cute!  The bird, the flowers and the cat would all come in handy again later, too.

So I just spend a quiet afternoon, holding Ellie and marveling over her precious little self.
 
 
Such a precious, tiny little foot!  Hmmmm.  It appears I'm not the only one watching over her . . . 
Yikes!

All too soon it was time to head out.  But then I got to spend my evening with this precious (bigger) bundle of energy:
When I got there, Sawyer was very excited to answer the door and see me . . . but the first words out of his mouth were, "Paw paw?" as he looked around me to see if Paw paw was coming up the walk too!  I can't be jealous -- I love it that he's in love with his Paw paw!
 He spent about an hour in my lap, looking at pics on my phone and camera.  Oh the fun we had looking at cows, flowers, cats, birds, Ellie, Paw paw and Sawyer!  He's so sweet and loving ... and BUSY!  During my visit he not only sat and looked at pictures with me, he also colored (very intently) at the table . . . 
 He put on his hat and watched his favorite show, Caillou . . .
 After dinner, he danced and played his guitar to music while watching pictures of himself . . .
After he got his pj's on, he got on his rocket and road it all around the place . . .
He's such a character!  I think it's safe to say that *both* he and I slept soundly last night!  I got absolutely NO sewing done yesterday and make no apologies for it either!  Today I'm back to the hearts on Ellie's quilt. 

It's grey and rainy here and with the warmer temps, there's a small threat of dangerous storms, but I know where I'll be when I need a ray of sunshine today . . . looking back through yesterday's pictures!!!

Have a happy Tuesday!

:)

21 left a comment . . .:

Lee D said...

sounds like a perfct day!! You are so lucky. take your grey skies over my -30*C any day!!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Good for you, love all the precious photos.

Jean said...

Nothing is better than a grandbaby day! Love it! Congrats on your driving!

Janet O. said...

About the only activity that can trump quilting! What precious little ones. Glad you could get out for such a day!

LuAnn said...

I'm so glad you are driving again. What a wonderful day you had. You sure have a beautiful family.

Mary said...

I am glad 4 of my Grandchildren came to me yesterday. Either way a "grand" day is a close to the heart day! Thanks for sharing all the pictures. My Grandchildren love their G-pa Paul too. He plays with them.

susie said...

What cutie pies! There's nothing like a day spent with our little ones.

Cathy said...

Your Ellie is just so precious. There is something just a small notch up in the precious factor in a little baby girl, to me, and I don't really know why. And Sawyer, he's getting so big, and so handsome, and he looks so smart. I'm hoping to get some Avery time in at the end of this month.

Judy D in WA said...

What a perfect day! Love the photo of you and your precious Ellie. Frame that one! My grands do the look around for their Poppy too. He loves that so much! Sawyer is adorable!

racheld said...

OHHHH, Ma'am!! What a DAY! I can just imagine how wonderful it was. I haven't held a tee-ninecy little one in a couple of years, and it's just a marvel that all their perfect little selves are just so miraculous.

She's gonna be your GOOOOD friend, you know---Sweetpea and I are together three days a week, all day, so we're quite the pair.

Just yesterday Caro was looking through Sweetpea's baby pictures on the computer---probably 12,000 of them---and we just went on and on about how little she was, and helpless, and then watched her grow and learn right before our eyes. She wavered from "That's not ME!" to "Awwwww, look at me---I was so CUUUUTE!"

And I'll bet Paw Paw just busts his buttons when that handsome young man seeks him out and asks about him when he's absent.

What a sweet family!!

rachel

c. Joy said...

Sounds like the perfect day. Love the pix. Both babies are so cute. It was muggy here last night and early this morning. Now it is sunny and the temps are dropping -wind blowing like crazy - guess this is headed your way (don't put away the winter clothes just yet). I'm quilting today and it's a baby quilt for a friend - lots of fun and lady bugs. Back to 'work.'

Barbara said...

Wonderful shots, Denise. You know I'm living vicariously, don't you?

Barbara F. said...

Ellie is just so precious......and Sawyer, what a sweet adorable little boy. Now Princess Leia, hmmmm. :) It is raining here but a bit milder. We have been lucky so far. (fingers crossed) xo

Sarah said...

I don't think there will be much sewing/quilting going on in the near future as there are now two sweet ones to dote on!!

Editfolt said...

You are watching very well who with the baby. Sweet little girl. The flowers are beautiful!

Barbara B said...

Denise, your "beamingness" is coming through loud and clear! What precious gifts those grandbabies are!

Lee said...

This all just makes me { smile } What a lovely day and I'm glad you can now get out on your own to do this :)

Pat said...

Oh, what GREAT photos of the grandkids!!! (Okay...the cows and the cat look nice, too....but....) I do love that photo of you with Ellie. And......Sawyer is a real hoot!

Gmama Jane said...

I smiled all the way through your post. I'm so glad you can drive now!! Miss Eleanor is so beautiful and healthy looking!! What a gift she is to your family. BTW I won't be going to Guild on THurs. It seems that the City of Huntsville has requested my presence at traffic court that same night...just a little thing called a TICKET. Yep, doing 55 in a 45 zone on Drake early one morning on my way to a Dr. appt. I had NO Idea I was speeding. Oh well....
Blessings
Jane

Kate said...

So glad that you were able to get out and spend your day in such a lovely way. Ellie is a little doll. (I'm way behind on blogs, so hadn't seen her picture yet).

AnnieO said...

Congratulations to all! What a sweet baby girl to cherish.

And the bundle of energy, no stopping those big blue eyes from seeing everything.