Wednesday, June 13, 2012

a happy kind of worn out . . .

So you know that blog silence does NOT indicate lack of activity, right?!  Tonight is night three of VBS and we've been having such a blast!  I thought I'd share some photos from my class room and our first two nights.  I wish I'd thought to take pictures of "the centurion and Jesus" who helped me tell the Bible study the first night!  Ah well.
My classroom walls ... such fun!  We're smack dab in the middle of Battery Park -- with the skyline of Manhattan on one side of us, and the Statue of Liberty on the other!

The recreation time is a lot of fun to watch. Yup!  I think it may be their favorite spot of the night!

Followed closely by snack time!

Craft time is fun, too ... we've made some fun things!  (And yes, I do mean "we"!)

Such a terrific group!  I've had an average of ten (though tonight it may be more) boys and girls each night.  And they're such a bright, chatty, and happy bunch of kids!  (And they like to be photographed!)

I've had terrific youth helpers, too.  
They're good at being silly when they need to be -- like during music and doing the dancing and the motions (because it makes it okay for the 4th and 5th graders to act silly if the youth are doing it) -- but have truly helped me keep it all together!

And of course, I've found a moment or two to be silly myself . . . 
Three more nights to go!

:)

10 left a comment . . .:

Kris said...

Oh, Denise - it looks like you are having soooooo much fun!! And you make a fabulous Statute of Liberty!! LOL!! Keep enjoying and keep us posted!! Kris

Cathy said...

Well, this answers the question I just asked by email. Your busy week is going well, and you are having a BLAST with the kids. I pray that the seed you are sowing in these kids hearts takes root and grows.

Barbara F. said...

I knew you were busy, I've been busy too, but not having as much fun as you (actually, I am not having any fun, just working, and laying low, and getting tasks accomplished!) xo

Jean said...

That smiling thumbs up photo says it all!

Love Bears All Things said...

Bless you! After many, many years, I hung up my hat several years ago. I just don't have the energy to do that anymore.
Mama Bear

Teresa in Music City said...

Fun! I miss the days of VBS with my children! Even my grands are so far away that I don't get to do that with them. I believe they are doing VBS the week after July 4th this year.

I just LOVE the cute pic of you as Ms. Liberty =^..^=

Have fun and enjoy all those sweet kids :*)

Janet O. said...

You make a lovely Lady Liberty, Denise.
You are working so hard--those kids are lucky to have you there!

c. Joy said...

You make a perfect Lady Liberty. Enjoy yourself.

Sarah said...

Busy is good and it looks like you and the kids are having a blast. The room decorations are spot on. does that mean that the theme had something to do with NYC? Did you wear black? LOL. Have fun my friend and we'll chat again soon.

Mary said...

Glad you have time to be a little Silly!