Monday, October 22, 2012

design wall, winners, and home . . .

Whew!!  My design wall is pictureless this morning ... but it involves a baby quilt for June, catching up on Grandmother's Choice blocks, a doll swap quilt, and a block for the Wicked blog hop, which began this morning!!   Luckily for me, my day for the Wicked hop is Tuesday, October 30th!

Anyway, I can't start any of the above until I unpack, wash clothes, go grocery shopping, and generally get myself re-situated!  LOL!  Perhaps I'll get some sewing time in by Saturday?!   Hopefully I'll have more to show for next week's design wall.  I'm sure if you head over to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times, you'll get your fill of design wall eye candy!

For the most part, I had a lovely drive through the mountains yesterday.  I was able to catch one shot (it's hard to be the driver and get pictures, too).
It's not the clearest, but it sure does give you an idea of how beautiful the fall foliage was for the drive home!

I enjoyed a spectacular brunch at Cracker Barrel.  Mind you, it wasn't the food that made it spectacular (though it was very good) . . . it was the company!
My two nephews, Ben (left) and Nick (right), are both students at Virginia Tech, which was on my route.  They were gracious enough to give up their Sunday morning to meet me!  It was really wonderful to see them and break bread together with them.  They're both incredible young men -- true credits to their respective families and our collective family in general!  I hated leaving and was so tickled they'd agree to a photo op!  Interestingly enough, it was their respective mamas that I had brunch with last Sunday!  :)

I made it home at about 6:30 pm yesterday evening and came through the gate pf the camp to a welcome home balloon -- I was so tickled!  Todd was supposed to be on shift, but he took off so he could be here for me and I was very grateful he did.
He's always so thoughtful . . . what a happy little welcome home!!

I also have a stack of mail and packages to sort through . . .
But that's not work, that's fun stuff!!  I'll be sure to share the fun parts of that in the coming days!

I'll have another book review -- When HOPE Blossoms by Kim Vogel Sawyer -- and giveaway coming up this week . . . but for now, let me share the winners for the Leafs Me - Happy - Birthday to Me giveaway and my Borders of the Heart giveaway!

The first tickled me to no end!  I stuck the numbers in random.org and came up with lucky number  29 - and it couldn't have been more appropriate . . . 
And the second was lucky number 9 . . . 
Yay!!  Both Madame Samm and Lea (who has a fascinating blog) have been notified by e-mail and packages will be sent off this week!  And thanks so much to all who've participated!

Okay ... laundry is calling me ... among other things.  But it's Monday!!  A fresh start to a new week -- let's give it all we've got!

:)  

10 left a comment . . .:

Barbara B said...

Glad you're home, safe and sound! That photo of the fall foliage is so lovely--thanks for sharing!

Jean(ie) said...

Congrats to all the winners!

glad you made it home okay. Hugs from the West!

Janet O. said...

Good to hear that you made it home intact! And sweet of DH to be there for you. : )
Looking forward to seeing the products of your creativity again in future posts.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Glad you are home. And what a sweet guy you have. A real keeper :-)

Mary said...

What handsome young men you got to have brunch with. I bet you offered to buy their brunch. Free Food for a college guy, is always welcome. Nice photo op. Congrats to the winners. Glad you are home sweet home, have a good week.

Lee said...

Welcome home, and you'll be exhausted by the end of the day with that work load of chores and fun projects! That's it, I'm going to get my hubs a ticket to come and take lessons from your hubs - what a sweet, thoughtful guy you have there! I'm sure it's a 2-way street, maybe I'll get a ticket for myself too ;)

Love Bears All Things said...

Glad you had a good drive home....what a welcome.
Mama Bear

Lea said...

Yay!!! Thank you, Denise! You made my day :)

The fall foliage is beautiful. Thank you for being good at multi-tasking.. driving and still take a good picture!

Lea said...

Yay!!! Thank you, Denise! You made my day :)

The fall foliage is beautiful. Thank you for being good at multi-tasking.. driving and still take a good picture!

Carin said...

Congrats to the winners !!
I love your picture you took from the car and what sweet of your husband he bought that balloon.