Sunday, October 21, 2012

stash (report #42) on the run . . .

Thought I'd share this pretty little Singer . . . 
It's the machine I learned to sew on.  Pretty nifty, huh?!  
My mom just got it back from the local Sew & Vac.  They told her it was running well and was a great little machine--a true work horse.  It was a nostalgia moment for me!

As for stash?  Well now . . . we knew that there'd be a bit of addition to this week's stash.  But seeing as how I missed the big auction our guild held Thursday night, I made out a LOT better (or worse?!?) than I could have!  Plus, part of my attention was diverted from fabric to deco mesh, when I found a ten yard roll on sale for $5 (to make me a snowman wreath).  But I digress . . . 

Used/donated this week: 0 yards
Used/donated year-to-date: 36.75 yards
Purchased/added this week: 1.75 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 159.5 yards
Net used/donated for 2012: -124.75 yards

So, there you have it.  Of course, I did enough work on several things that perhaps I'll have some finishes to report in the next week or two, right?  Heh.  In the meantime, be sure to check out what going down with other quilter's stash reports over at Patchwork Times!

As for me, I'm on the road again!  I saw this view very early this morning (5 AM, EST - *gasp*), all packed and ready to hit the open highway:
I hope to be home before bedtime tonight!  I'm stopping outside of Blacksburg, Virginia, to have brunch with two of my nephews who attend Virginia Tech. Should be a smooth sailing ride home. I'll be happy to be there again . . . 

Sweet home, Alabama!

Have a GREAT Sunday - tomorrow I'll announce a winner from my Happy Birthday giveaway (closed) and the book giveaway (open) that is going on, too!

:)

16 noted . . .:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

what a cute little machine!!

Susan said...

What a great machine...I love those old Singers! Have a safe trip home!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

That is the exact same Singer my Mom has and still uses. She bought it when it was 'the top of the line'. Safe trip home

Melissa Bishop said...

Have fun and safe traveling. I bought an old Singer at en estate sale and I works better than the newer machine I had that it replaced.

Love Bears All Things said...

Have a safe trip home.
Mama Bear

Cathy said...

You drive safe please, and as my husband would say, "watch out for the flakes", those would be nutty drivers, not snowflakes. LOL!! Decomesh? I've never heard of it.... what is it. And you didn't do too much damage to your numbers this week. From the way you were talking, I thought it would be lots worse.

Barbara F. said...

Safe travels, folks at home will be so happy to see you! xo

Lee said...

Praying for your safe travels.

Jean(ie) said...

That machine was so space age! Like the fins and fenders on the cars...

Linda in Calif. said...

Cute, very cute little machine. I love the color. (I have a work horse, a Kenmore - they come in so handy!)

Teresa in Music City said...

What a cute little machine! I learned to sew on a workhorse machine too - a little Norton that sewed like a trojan!!! Sometimes I really miss that little machine :*)

Travel safely & enjoy being home again :*)

Janet O. said...

Does Mom still use the machine? I have my Mom's old Bernina that I learned on. It still purrs!
I hope as I write this that you are tucked in your own bed and sleeping soundly!

Dar said...

That is a cute little singer. I have a similar one in the garage that I need to take a look at now after seeing yours. Maybe they are related! ha. Have a great visit home and drive safely.

Katherines Corner said...

great machine. Work horse in deed! Probably has many years left in it. xo

Sinta Renee said...

Cute little machine here! I was just catching up on your blog... looks like you had a wonderful little trip too. It's nice to get away... but nice to come back home, isn't it?

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Is that a 'Rocketeer'? Singer 503? Cool! I hope you sew on her.