Tuesday, October 09, 2012

tuesday's tour . . .

So, after being so totally delighted about finding the hexagon table topper on my mom's kitchen table, I thought I'd share a few more delights I found around and about . . . 
The little squirrel and acorn tea towel, hanging on the oven door.

The leaves and acorn table topper, in the front entry hall.

I think my mommy needs something quilty-pumpkiny.  It would make her feel better.  I know it would make *me* feel better!  LOL!

And of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't include a shot of the Grand Hands Quilt ... and newly added . . . 
The Grand Hands Quilt addendum - Lucky 13, the quilted pillow!
And of course, because this quilt is so .... ummmm ... *colorful* ... the back is more 'sedate' so that it fits nicely in the family room decor.  The pillow had to match!
Mom hasn't seen the finished project yet. But I'm taking it for her to see today!  She's doing very, very well -- thank you to those who've inquired!  Yesterday, during the down times at the rehab center, I finished up this little stitchery (which, you can tell from the hoop marks around it, I started AGES ago) . . .
Today I've got Mr. Owlie with me and I hope to make some good progress on him!

There's another clip of the Balloon Release event -- one from a different channel that has a great shot of Miss Ellie (being held by her Neesey)!  If you so choose, you can check it out HERE!

Y'all ... today is Day NINE of the Leafs Me Happy hop!!  How inspiring have these beautiful autumn blocks and projects been???!!  I know today's participants will be just as marvelous.  Here's the list so you can check them out!

Tuesday 9

Have a most fabulous day!!  And do NOT forget to stop back by here tomorrow -- when it's my day for the Leafs Me Happy hop and time for a giveaway!!!

:)

7 noted . . .:

Janet O. said...

Glad your mom is doing well.
I love the Grand Hands quilt--what a cute idea.
Fun to see you and Ellie in that news clip.
Hey, I have a pumpkin table topper pattern I want to send you, if you will email me your snail mail!

Teresa in Music City said...

Your mom's fall decorations are so cute and colorful! I love all the warm plaids and that squirrel is too cute! The hands quilt is amazing - what a great idea!

I've so enjoyed seeing the clips of you and your family in the Balloon Release. It's good that there is something to help families deal with the emotions and needs of such loss within their communities and find others who are dealing with the same things.

Rosa said...

Love your mum`s fall decorations,fantastic!

Tina Wright Photography said...

So much fun seeing seeing your Mom's "Treasure's" displayed around her house! Enjoy your time there! I'm praying for a Speedy recovery!

*Hugs* & Love,
Tina :) ...

Kate said...

Glad that your mother is doing well. Your mother has wonderful taste in her choice of displays!

Jean(ie) said...

I'm glad mom is well and that you're visiting her! Enjoy your time there. Big hugs!

Karin said...

So happy to hear that your Mom is doing well - I know she treasures this time with you as well as the sweet gifts of love you have made for her through the years. The balloon release is such a beautiful way to remember these sweet babies and help families heal.