Saturday, December 08, 2012

on the road and feeling clean . . .

Well the laundry is finally starting to recede . . . and order has been restored. Todd spend the day Thursday getting rid of the old . . .
And finagling in the new . . .

It actually went in very quickly and easily, and Todd and I held our collective breaths as we watched the first load go through.  
Seriously.  We sat down on the floor of the closet and watched the machine go from wash to spin to rinse to dry.  It's a lot smoother and quieter than the old one, that's for sure!
After the first load, I ran another.  Then another.  And another.  (I didn't sit there and watch all of them progress, though, just so you know.) So far, so good. Whew!


Today I'm off to Nashville, driving a 15-passenger van full of teenage girls.  We're going to Opry Mills Mall for a day of eating, shopping, and scavenger hunt fun!  I know you envy me.  LOL!  I may (may mind you) make a quick stop at one of my favorite LQS that is *totally* on our route and is having a HUGE inventory reduction sale.  My stash [enhancement] reports have been so BORING lately!

And finally, lest you begin to wonder about whether or not I'm creating anything (much less quilting) these days . . . I shared about a week ago that I've been busily making lots and lots of these pretty, felt poinsettia brooches:
They are *so* very easy to make!  And there's lots of room for creativity -- felt colors, floss colors, the stitching you use and the center button -- oh what fun you can have there!  The pattern is a freebie, created and generously shared by Lisa Jordan of lil' fish studios, and the instructions and template can by found right HERE.  (By the way, you should definitely poke around Lisa's blog while you're there -- she creates some very fun things!)  Trust me -- these poinsettia brooches make a sweet little teacher gift!  Or, if you're looking for a relatively simple project to work with a group of girls -- what a lovely way to teach some simple stitching and have a lovely end product for them to sport!

I did get to thinking, though . . . felt is so plain.  What if I used some fabric backed with some fusible fleece?!  Hmmmm . . . 

Don't forget that the big Quilting Gallery 5th birthday party blog hop starts up tomorrow evening!!  Lots of fun giveaways ... who knows what you'll find here!!

:)

10 left a comment . . .:

Paula said...

The new washer is beautiful. That is exactly what we would have done also...sat down and watched. Made me giggle when I read that because I was thinking that we would be sitting and watching it and there you were also, sitting and watching it. LOL! Glad it worked out. Can you really put bigger loads in it?
Have a wonderful day shopping.
Hugs

Ronda Walker said...

So glad your home is back in order. I do envy your trip to the mall with the girls just a little, spending time with teenage girls can be enlightening. My step Grand daughter just turned 13 and I'm amazed how out of touch I am. Hopefully you'll get to stop at the QS.

thethimbleroom said...

I like the flowers - so pretty! Lord have mercy, I can't imagine 15 teenage girls together... :D

(P.S: I think everyone sits down to watch the first load in a new washer. I know I did! lol)

Barbara said...

Yay! So did you take clean clothes out of the closet just so you'd have some to wash?

Jean(ie) said...

LQS in Nashville? Do tell. or is it in Murfreesboro? Franklin? Have fun at the Gigglefest.

Missy Shay said...

Thank you for sharing about the flowers, I got the patterns you sent me, Thank you!

Janet O. said...

Oh, good luck with the road trip. Anyone who can chaperone 15 teenage girls in a van to a Mall deserves a stop at a quilt shop!
Glad that new appliance is in and functioning well!
What pretty brooches. They don't look plain to me at all--they look lovely!

Lee said...

Am glad all is now well in the clean clothes, and new washer, department :) A vanful of teenage girls, oh my, you are a brave woman! You can herd all those young ladies into that LQS and maybe they'll catch the quilting bug too :) Your felt poinsettia brooches look lovely. I have a friend out here that I can picture making them, she used to make earrings from buttons!

Gone Country said...

So glad you're loving the new machine!

Those poinsettia brooches are so pretty! The would make great tree ornaments too.

BudandMarsha said...

No room for a washer/dryer in our RV; we thought seriously when we ordered the RV whether we wanted one. Sometimes I wish yes; other times it doesn't bother me not to have one. Depends on how much I'm into a project whether I want to go away from it to travel to the laundromat!. Yours is so pretty, though!