Friday, January 10, 2014

sixteen blocks done . . .

"Sixteen blocks done," you say,  "how many more are there?"

None.

!!!!

Yes!  That means I'm finished!!! 
And do you know what's more exciting than having all sixteen blocks quilted??!??

Having all sixteen blocks quilted *and* trimmed to size!!
Yay! Yay! Yay!
And this is what the back will look like.

Leia gave me her seal of approval when I was over there the other day.
Actually what she's saying growling is, "Don't try and push me off these blocks." Mmmmmokay.  Linking Leia up to *Feline Friday* over at Sarah Did It!

Unfortunately, for now my precious MOC blocks will stay like this . . . 
For a couple of days at the very least.  Because Ellie's dress still looks like this:
Ummmmmm . . . yeah.  And I need to make several dozen cream cheese mints, too.  Oh, and 1099's, 1096's, and contribution statements for the ministry.  But still, I think we're looking good for a February finish!!

Oh yeah, and before I forget . . . Sarah of Feline Friday and HeLP fame is starting a new linky party -- a reading challenge!  *YOU* pick the reading challenge(s) you want to follow and then link up monthly to Sarah's blog to share about your choices and progress!!  I had to think long and hard about this, but then it just clicked.  Here's my self-challenge (incredibly loosely based on the "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" line of thinking):

One book a month recommended by someone else.  This month that book would be:
Recommended by Angela over at Tea With Friends.  It had a teapot on the cover!

One book a month (any type) borrowed from the library (either online or hardcopy).  This month's selection:
On my kindle!  I love that I can borrow book from the library for my kindle!  I've enjoyed several of Parr's prior works, so I know this will be a quick, easy, and light-hearted read.

One book a month as a review.  For this month:
This is a softcover copy that was sent to me by Moody Press.  I also got several other copies to giveaway when I post my review!  I'm about a quarter into this one and so far, it's very good.

And finally, one book a month that is a faith/walk strengthener.  This month I've chosen:
I love Beth Moore and was thrilled to find that her publisher had released several of her publications as *freebies* on Kindle, Nook, and iBook.  If you're a Kindle user and want to check them out, click HERE. But you'd better move fast -- who knows how long they'll remain freebies!

And if *you* are interested in participating (you know you are), check out Sarah's blog and the 2014 Reading Challenge linky party!!

Have a fabulous weekend!  And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELLIE!!!

:)

18 noted . . .:

Beth said...

your blocks look so good all laid out! WTG!

Doniene said...

way to go girl!! The blocks look fabulous!!! So glad the kitty liked them!! LOL

The book linky sounds fun - looking forward to your reviews. I'll have to bow out - trying to "temper" my commitments this year!

Blessings

Momof3girls said...

I can't wait to see "Orange Crush" finished. So happy for you finishing those blocks.

I just love that cat! She is so beautiful. Our cat Molly is still loving the Christmas tree. She sleeps under it with the light glowing daily. I just don't have any desire to take it down. I love the lights.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I love to be able to download library books on my Kindle. I've really been doing a lot of reading lately.

Needled Mom said...

The blocks look wonderful. Have fun with all the reading and happy birthday to Elle.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Happy Birthday!! Love your blocks

Melissa Bishop said...

Whew! That's a lot of reading! Your quilt looks so great! It's going to be a family heirloom one day. Hugs & blessings!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wow, you really put the stitches in high drive! This is wonderful, it will wait it's turn. Enjoy that birthday girl!!

Mary said...

Looking great! Get working on that Ellie Dress. Is it for her B-day? Today would have been my Mother's 92nd birthday! Sending Happy Birthday wishes to Ellie girl!

Kris said...

Your blocks are fabulous!! And Leia looks fabboo sitting on them!! What ever would we do without our darling critters?? All the books look good - I need to make more time for reading!! You have a great weekend as well!! Happy Birthday, Ellie!!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Great blocks, adorable cat and a nice mix of books... what a perfect post! Happy reading.

Sarah said...

Your blocks look fab all layed out - will the quilt be for your bed? Miss Leia was very nice to have held your blocks down for you. LOL.

What a great challenge you created for yourself. I'm really looking forward to hearing how people pick the books they pick.

Oh and me? famous? you make me laugh my friend =^..^=

Happy Birthday Ellie!!!!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Finished and fabulous! blessings, marlene

Jean(ie) said...

LOVING that quilt! Yay!

So many people don't realize that there are tons of free reads out there trhough our libraries. We already pay for them through our taxes. Why not use the resource!

And getting a big ole stack to read while in bed your jammies on? Priceless!

Teresa in Music City said...

Congrats on finishing up your blocks! They look so wonderful all together like that :) Nice warm colors too. Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! I think I might join Sarah's reading challenge - but not 4 books a month like you - WOW!!!

Michelle said...

Those blocks look great! Good job!

Janet O. said...

That must be such a great feeling to have those blocks done and ready to put together--but first things first!
Very interesting reading goals. I've chosen not to sign up--I just read when I can and sometimes I devour a book in a day and other times it takes me a month to get a finish.

Kate said...

Congrats on getting the Orange Crush blocks to the assembly stage. Have fun making Elle's dress. Enjoy your Sunday.