Sunday, March 30, 2014

positive progress . . .

Short and sweet today.  I did get in my (at least) 15 minutes of sewing each day this past week, I'm happy to report!
I'm pretty sure it really was just 15 minutes on a couple of those days!  But hey, it all adds up, right??

My stash report took a small step in the right direction, too . . .
Still a ways to go.  If I can ever get this pineapple quilt finished up, that will be a lovely chunk!

I have a couple of different projects lined up for my Sunday afternoon. I remember now why I put the pineapple quilt up.  I'd made a mistake in construction the last time I had it out.  I dealt with the front side, but now I'm having to deal with the back side:
Hand stitching up *both* sides of the strips that cover my zig zagged seams, where the blocks are connected.

If I get tired of that, I've got a new little project I'm working on that I can switch over to:
One side finished!  When they're all stitched, I'll whip them together up the sides and fill with stuffing. Voila, a pretty Easter egg!

Linking up today with the stash report at Patchwork Times and slow Sunday stitching at Kathy's Quilts! Happy Sunday!!  (Edited to add:  Also linking up with the design wall post at Patchwork Times, seeing as how these projects are my proverbial design wall!)

:)

16 left a comment . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, love your little easter egg - lovely tiny stitching.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Those eggs will turn out so cute! I saw your carrots and love them too!

AnnieO said...

The carrots were really cute. Congrats on at least 15 minutes a day! The eggs will be sweet too!

Dee Dee said...

The Easter decorations you are making/made are so fun. Enjoy your Sunday afternoon.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

That egg project looks adorable!

Jean(ie) said...

Cute egg project! Don't fret the mistake on the pineapple quilt. YOu can use it to your advantage and get it done.

Prima Donna said...

Your little Easter eggs are so ornate and wonderful. Never seen these before.

Janet O. said...

What a pretty little egg that will be!
What is the fabric you are using to make it--it appears to have a different texture than plain cotton, but maybe that is just the photo.

CathieJ said...

I love the idea of getting just 15 minutes a day of stitching done. I know I can do that. That Easter egg is going to be quite pretty.

Deb A said...

What cute little eggs. I too like to have multiple projects so you have something you are in the mood to work on.

Quilter Kathy said...

So fun that you are making some pretty Easter eggs!
Enjoy your slow stitching!

Jennifer said...

Great job getting some time in each day - that is a good goal to have! Love that egg part!

Rebecca Grace said...

I'm in Applique Mode right now, so I immediately thought "petals" when I saw your Easter Egg photo. What a fantastic idea, to do all the hand embroidery first and THEN cut out and assemble the pieces. I'm thinking of the difficulty I had trying to embroider satin stitched eyes onto little cardinal faces after I had already glue basted and appliqued them to the bird bodies. Duh! I should have embroidered the eyes onto black fabric first, then cut out the faces, and THEN appliqued the faces to the birds so I would have been embroidering through only one layer of fabric and no glue! Your Easter eggs will be beautiful. How large will they finish?

Mary said...

Elle will Love whatever quilt Neesey makes for her. How big is your Pineapple quilt going to end up? Too much handwork to make a QAYG quilt, I think. Lots of extra Love and time in that quilt.

Sarah said...

Every 15 minutes counts! I had time in my studio last night and while I kind of floundered around most of the time, I did get a few things done and it was nice to have some me time sprinkled in the class prep work...

Kate said...

You've been doing so well with the 15 minutes each day. Congrats on sneaking in the time!