Wednesday, March 12, 2014

wonderful wednesdays . . .

Today is a happy day . . . today marks FOUR YEARS that Sawyer Graham has been a force to reckon with in this ol' world!
He's king of the hill . . . but also holds great sway over this Neesey's heart!  ♥

We celebrated our March birthdays on Saturday. Sawyer wanted a "dinosaur and snake" cake.  Yup, he's all boy.
Luckily, he's got a very talented mommy who was able to create just what the birthday boy asked for!

Blowing out candles was fun . . .
Even though he *was* holding is ears because we were all singing too loud! Ha! That's rich, I know! Ellie is there just in case he needed some help.  :)

I think his favorite present of the evening may have been . . .
The pirate costume!  He had to put it on pronto, and you can just see he's beaming!  Sweet little swashbuckling boy! Happy birthday, Sawyer!!  (And a happy birthday shout out to my niece, Alison, who was gracious enough to share her day with Sawyer -- only she's turning fifteen!)

Ellie and I had a lovely day together, yesterday.  The weather was so gorgeous, we spent most of her awake time out in in . . .
Sweet and sassy!

I had gotten a lovely package from Jean over at Jean Creates.  She sent me a pile of books . . .
You see the theme of most of them??  Right up my crazy alley!

There was also this darling tea-themed wall hanging pattern . . . 

And fabric!
A lot of *purple* fabrics!!!  Such a sweet and thoughtful package! So I had asked her what I could send her in return and when she replied, "A mug rug," my wheels started churning.  And this is what I sent her . . .
I had such fun creating this little piece!!  So there's the mystery mug rug!

And what I'm working on now?
I got the bunny mat cut out and glue basted.  Now I've whip stitched the leaves and the bunnies down.  Still have the flowers and their centers to whip stitch and then I can begin the decorative embroidery.

And I got my 'waffle' piece started . . . 
A couple more leaves to fishbone stitch and then some feather stitching and I'll be able to start adding beads. I had a crazy thought when it comes to this piece . . . how fun it would be to create it Andy Warhol style. Hmmmm.  More on that later.

Spring is springing up at the camp . . .
Unfortunately, temps are dropping as I type and we've got a last blast of winter weather heading our way. Hope my daffodils can weather the weather!

Linking up to Esther's Blog and Works in Progress on Wednesdays!!

:)

9 noted . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I absolutely love the photo of the two around the lit cake - look at those faces!! Love fabrics and patterns - so you, yup. And what a sweet mug rug in return for such a happy package.

Mary said...

Happy Birthday ARRRRR to Sawyer! The childlike eyes shine in the candlelight! Great progress on the Bunny mat and I like your crazy Mug Rug. No place for the MUG though. We have Sunshine in our forecast. YEA!

Jean(ie) said...

And Miz Jean LOVES her mug rug! It came just in time. We had a guild mug rug swap. And since I was busy arranging the swap, I didn't get to particiapte, so I got the best of both worlds!!!!!!

Oh, And the stuff I *forgot* in the box will be going out today ;)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

We got a blast of winter today, too. :-( At least it's going to get back to the upper 50s tomorrow.

Janet O. said...

Sawyer certainly got an "all boy" birthday! What fun. : )
That was a wonderful package you received. Wow--someone hit all your soft spots (except pumpkins)!
So there is the mystery mug rug--beautiful, my dear. So much detail!!
Andy Warhol style? Now you really have me curious!

Teresa in Music City said...

Such great pictures of Sawyer's birthday!!! And I just love him in his pirate's costume - wow!!! You made a lovely mug rug - the perfect "thank you" for all that goodness you received :*)

Melissa Labella said...

My oldest used to do the same thing when things got too loud for his liking :0) The mug rug turned out adorable!

Sarah said...

And a Happy Belated Birthday to Sawyer!!! I saw a pin yesterday for a Smart car painted to look exactly like Ellies! What a lovely prize package - can't wait to hear more about the "Your machine's Decorative Stitches" book. And your mug rug is just fabulous! I'm not sure who got the better end of the deal :)

Kate said...

Happy belated birthday to Sawyer! He makes quite a dashing pirate.

Love the mug rug. It's just too pretty to put a mug on though.