Friday, April 11, 2014

minutiae . . .

It's been a nice week . . . the weather has been gorgeous!  It's definitely Spring and that means baseball and softball season! Sawyer and I went to his first ever ballgame yesterday afternoon. Our church has adopted the Lady Colts of Central School (it's a K-8 school next door to the church) and yesterday afternoon they had a double-header, so our bunch cooked burgers and dogs for the girls between games.
Sawyer was full of questions and enjoyed cheering and encouraging the girls from both teams on. He's such a sweet fellow! Luckily for the two of us, the Lady Colts went ahead by enough to call the game during the fourth inning. Sawyer felt like that was the perfect amount of time to allot for a ballgame!

I've gotten in some good time to work on my next wool egg . . .
One bunny done and the rest marked and ready to stitch!  Normally I'd have taken stitch work to the ballgame, but with Sawyer there, I felt it was best not to -- in hindsight, I can say it was a smart call!

I've also gotten my strips cut and pressed and ready to attach to assemble the midsection of the pineapple quilt:
I'll probably get all the machine stitching done on it tomorrow morning, and save the hand stitching for Sunday.

Tonight we're off to Joc's house for a little celebration.  She's been playing on pinterest and found the cutest idea . . .
Isn't that fun??!! It's a homemade scratch off ticket. At the appointed time, we'll each be given a card to scratch and the person with three of a kind will be able to announce if the baby is a boy or a girl!! And haven't I been good at keeping that little gem off my blog since January??!!!
That's right -- sometime early in September, Ellie is going to be a big sister! Hurray!!

The whole idea of another human has put Leia on her back ... she isn't quite sure how she feels about it!
TGIFF (Thank Goodness It's Feline Friday)!!!!

:)

11 noted . . .:

Sarah said...

Poor little Leia - she won't know what to do with another little person to fawn over her! Love the scratchoff idea. How did Joc make the scratchoff part?

Janet O. said...

Wise Grandma to leave the stitching at home! : )
But that bunny is awfully cute--look forward to seeing that egg completed.
Wow, you kept a secret that long? Good for you! Ellie will be a great big sister.
You know, since attending a baby shower over a year ago that DD#2 put on with ideas from Pinterest, I have been so intimidated that I haven't given a shower since. Way too many cute ideas and I don't want to get sucked in. *LOL*
I hope you can share the results of the scratching with us. : )

Mary said...

What cute way to announce the gender. Much better than a Picture of a Test Strip on April Fool's Day Too. I don't do Pinterest so I'm happy to see a new idea on my favorite Blogs. How did she do the Scratch off part??? Hope you will share.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh such a delightful post!!! Full of love and joy and good tidings :) Congrats to the new parents - and grandparents too! Barbara is going to have to drop us both as friends the way we keep adding grandkids LOL!!! That Pineapple quilt is gorgeous - such wonderful colors!!! Enjoy the fun gathering tonight - waiting to hear if it's a Miss or Mr!!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I miss going to the ball field with my kids - grands are almost to that age and look forward to watching the next generation. Excited to hear the news, too.

gpc said...

Hurray! It just gets better and better! :)

Ranch Wife said...

At this rate, you'll have your own baseball team before long! Congratulations on the impending arrival of your newest blessing!
Your Pineapple quilt is just stunning!

Needled Mom said...

Oh yeah. There is nothing as wonderful as a new baby in this world.

Momof3girls said...

Congratulations! I was wondering when you would be announcing a new grandbaby arriving soon! ;)

Kate said...

Oh how fun, another little one to spoil!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Congratulations! And what a cute idea for announcing the gender. :) blessings, marlene