Wednesday, April 02, 2014

rolling along . . .

All my stitching this week has been hand work . . . minutes grabbed here and there when we're in the car (and Todd's driving) or when Ellie was napping yesterday.
I've made good progress on the strips on the back of the center of the pineapple quilt . . . 
Two sides are completely done and I'm nearly finished a third.  Which leaves me with just one more to go and then I can either start piecing assembling the pieces I've got so far, or work on putting the border together.  
I'll *probably* assemble . . . but we'll see.

I do know one thing . . . when I show Ellie the center, she *gushed* over it.  
Haha -- perhaps it was her glasses, though they're certainly not rose-colored! Needless to say, this quilt will have Ellie's name attached to it . . . for some day down the road!

I've also been working a little on my wool felt Easter egg . . .
Okay, so *very* little. I'm only halfway through the second side. Ha! I found the pattern and tutorial over at Shiny Happy World.  You can 'hop' over there, get an idea of how the finished product will look *and* pick up a copy of the pattern (for free) for yourself.

I got to thinking (rut roh) that I'd like to have a little *variety* in my little stuffed, wool eggs.  So I started looking through embroidery patterns and eggs and stumbled across some little cuties by Cheryl Fall (four freebie patterns, available on About.com).  I printed out the first of the designs and played around with it a little bit . . .
I think I've got a good modification from the egg shape to the elongated shape. And I believe the other three designs will modify nicely, as well. Yay!  I'll have them finished just in time for Easter 2015 -- it's just how I roll!  

So that's where I am this week, in an 'egg'shell.  What do *you* have going on?!

Linking up with Esther Aliu's WOW = WIP's on Wednesdays!

:)

10 noted . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Your hand work is progressing. The eggs are very sweet. Oh, my - a celeb in the making there!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Gorgeous handwork!

Needled Mom said...

That will be gorgeous.

Janet O. said...

I'm glad to know you only do handwork in the car when Todd is driving. : )
Wait a minute--how did Scooby Doo get lose in your post? You crack me up!!
Ellie is really stylin'! She learned that from you, right?
I think those eggs are going to be so sweet! I love the modification of that new design.

Helen Ernst said...

Amazing at what can be done when we take the minutes that are available! Looking forward to seeing it along with your eggs, which are adorable!

Missy Shay said...

I really need to find time to work on my hand stitiching, I really want to get it done.

Sarah said...

I was glad to hear the Todd was driving while you were stitching. Bwahahahhaa! Your egg(s?!?) will be gorgeous when they are finished in 17 days - no pressure of course!

Paula said...

It has been awhile since I have stopped in for a visit. WOW! You go girl! Your stitches are awesome. You have been on a roll.
The grandchildren are growing so much and way to fast. So happy you get to enjoy them.
Hugs

Teresa in Music City said...

I can't wait to see these cute little eggs completed! Such a delightful spring project :)

Kate said...

Ellie looks so "cool" in those sun glasses.

Hope you've had good luck with all your projects. Love new embroidery design you worked out, it's beautiful.