Wednesday, October 01, 2014

acorns, acorns everywhere . . .

Luckily, I'm not talking about the ones that will soon be dropping like machine gun fire onto the roof of the RV!  No, no . . . I'm talking about *felt* acorns!  I finished up the little leaf and pumpkin wool mat:
And decided I wanted to work on another one!
I had to use tissue paper to transfer the embroidery design on this one.  I've got one more leg of stitching to do . . .
And then the acorns can be stitched on!
I think when I'm finished with the acorns, I start on this cute little thing:
It's a Michelle May design/kit.  Isn't it darling??!  Linking up to Esther Aliu's WOW post!

Fall is here ... October is here ... we're officially in my favorite time of year!
And I'm ready for it with my new earrings . . .
:)

12 left a comment . . .:

Cathy said...

I don't think I've ever seen anyone use tissue paper for doing embroidery designs before. What a great idea! No marking, or even trying to figure out how to mark. The pumpkin earings are so very cute!!

Melissa Bishop said...

If things get too crowded in your RV, you can send that cute pumpkin, acorn piece my way! lol
It turned out great. You are such an artist.

Janet O. said...

I'd never considered how loud the falling acorns could be on a roof!
Love your little mats. They are darling. I know I have some Fall wool mat patterns somewhere. Oh, no, Denise, you may have just derailed me from my UFO again!!!
Pumpkins AND bling--those earrings are SO you! : )

Needled Mom said...

That is so cute! I love all of those wee acorns.

Teresa in Music City said...

Looks like you are all ready for fall!!! Those earrings are too too cute :) And oh my - your stitcheries will definitely get us in the mood!!!! Well, everyone but me - I'm never in the mood for fall :( It means winter is on the way and I'm definitely not a winter person. Where on earth did the summer go so fast? I can't believe it's gone already!

Mary said...

I hope the squirrels hide all the acorns so they don't fall on your RV. Cute little mats! Love the bling on the pumpkin earrings. October is just too darn close to December, I'm dreading it this year.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Not only acorns, but I spy pumpkins! Knew they would show up soon.

Julie Corbisiero said...

It's really pretty the fall decorations that you made! Perfect for fall.

StitchinByTheLake said...

You know I love wool. :) And those acorns....so cute! blessings, marlene

Kate said...

Very pretty wool projects. I really like the acorns. The leaves haven't starting turning here. We probably have another week before we start to see any color.

Kris said...

Denise - Your little mats are so cute!! I love the idea of using the tissue paper for your embroidery!! The trees are exquisite and your earrings are so you!!

Sarah said...

Such cute little mats! Other than the view out my windows I don't know that I own a single fall decoration. Please still be friends with me!