Wednesday, August 26, 2015

end-of-the-month catching up . . .

My 'posts per month' average is leaving a little to be desired. Ugh.  There's really so much I want to say and share and show . . . but once again, the whole hours in a day thing is a driving force of opposition!

Thought I'd pop in a share a couple of fun things I've been working on (or worked on, as the case may actually be) . . .
Another baby bonnet, this one for Miss Everley Jade. Look at that sweet, winsome face.  She's such a baby doll!
It served her well in South Dakota -- our Mt. Rushmore day was bright and sunny, but baby girl had her bonnet on.

I was lucky to get in on a 'hexie birthday club' and have spent the last couple of weeks powering through those, so they're all finished . . . 
It was fun to put together the different requests for all the gals.  There was such a wide variety of fabrics!
It'll be fun to see what comes to me in October -- I asked for scrappy blue/purple/teal.  Another couple of months and I'll have them!  Then it will be a matter of what to DO with them!

Sawyer has started kindergarten . . .
I can hardly believe how grown-up he's become . . . it's so bittersweet!
This shot of the three Panter kids helped.  LOL!  They're such a fun crew and I love spending time with them! In fact, I did just that last night (which is when the above was taken).  They've added to their family since the last time I posted . . .
This is Sebastian!  Isn't he darling?  He's a rescue and a real snuggle-love -- but he's also very much a kitten and loves to play! I admit I got him a little riled up last night, playing with string.  Uh, hence the scratch across my chin.  *grin*  He reminds me very much of my dear Gwenevere.  :)

Ellie Pearl also had a big first day . . . 
Of pre-school!!  She's loving it!

And now thoughts are turning to fall and tea . . .
Well, *my* thoughts are turning there.  There and Christmas . . .
Thanks to one of my sisters, I am so enjoying this Holiday Grand Plan site! So much so, I put together my own Christmas planning notebook--all the printables (including some really cute cover options) are on the website!  It kicks off next week . . . a very well-thought out and organized plan to tackling the upcoming holidays (fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas). I felt like with my work schedule, I couldn't do all the things I wanted to do, and finish the things I wanted to make sure I finished, without a little strategic guidance!

So . . . that's where I am.  I can hardly believe August ends next week.  2015 is just cruising merrily along!

**Edited to add that I've linked up with the Feline Friday post over at Sarah Did It!**

:)

14 noted . . .:

Cathy said...

The kids are so sweet, and growing so fast! It doesn't seem like five years since you were waiting for Sawyer. And that bonnet is just the cutest thing ever on that little girl! Where did you get it? Did you know that Matt and Becca are expecting their first in January!?!?!? YIPPEE!!!!!!!! I miss your posts, and talking back and forth on emails. I thought life was supposed to slow down as we get older....

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That baby looks a lot like you! So cute!

Janet O. said...

So nice to catch up with you, Denise! Love all of the updates on family members. That shot of the Panter offspring is a hoot!!
The bonnet is too adorable, and the face beneath it, even more so!
I love the clever packaging for the birthday hexies. That would be fun to receive!
Ahh, Fall! Pumpkins, and hot tea--your favorites. : )
Looks like a great site for a holiday planner. My sister publishes a planner and I have it, but never seem to use it. My bad.

Melissa Bishop said...

What a great post. Love the bonnet. The Christmas planner is a great idea.

Mary said...

I am always happy to see you Post to your Blog. Adorable Kids and that Bonnet! I understand the Hours in a Day stuff! Grandma time cuts into those hours but it is a welcome diversion. Today is MY Day to put Pedal to the metal- Fair entries are due TOMORROW!

Barbara said...

Oh my gosh! Impossibly cute!

Sarah said...

OMG - I can't even begin to think about the Christmas Holidays yet!! I'm still clinging to the last bits of summer. And you skipped right over any mention of pumpkins. The grands are getting to be such big kids - Ellie especially! Everley's face in her bonnet is just to die for - I just wanna squeeze those little cheeks. I see my chrysanthemum's in your photo!!! Only 6 months until I can get my little paws on them....
PS - if you wanna up your post average, Bibliophile Files is next week. Bwahahahahaha

Melissa Bishop said...

Your Christmas planner looks amazing! I went to the site and printed out a bunch of sheets, but how do I fill them out? For instance, on the KITCHEN WEEK sheet. What do I write under, HOUSEHOLD, or HOLIDAY PREP? I have searched their site and have not found any detailed instructions. This newby needs some help! Can you help me? Thank you!!

Needled Mom said...

The little ones are so cute. The remainder of ours headed back to school today too.

I love that bonnet and the model is precious.

Barbara B said...

How did Sawyer get old enough for kindergarten? Oh, my, don't blink! Your family is lovely.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What a sweet bonnet ... and the "model" is even sweeter. As are the rest of your littles. I love those little Birthday Club flowerettes.

Michelle said...

My goodness...I can't believe Sawyer is starting Kindergarten! I remember reading your blog when he was first born! Such cute pics of all your adorable grands!

Teresa in Music City said...

Such beautiful smiling grandbabies you have my dear! It's been fun to watch Sawyer and Ellie grow up on your blog - they are "big kids" now :*) And that bonnet is the definition of adorable - but of course it just may have a little something to do with that ADORABLE face peeking out of it :*)

Kate said...

Hard to believe that Sawyer is in kindergarten.Of course I'm struggling with the idea that Drama Teen is a junior in high school. How does that happen?

Sounds like life is busy, but at least you are still getting in some time to stitch. I'll have to check out the holiday planner. I could definitely use some help heading into the holiday season.