Saturday, November 21, 2015

a plethora of things . . .

Happy weekend!!  I finally took my birthday hours on Thursday and we are closed on Fridays, so I'm enjoying a lovely four day weekend. I'll go back to work for two days before we shut down for Thanksgiving and a lovely five day weekend (for which I'm truly grateful)! I've had some good stitching time (as you might imagine)!  First off, I finished off the three snow buddies hanger . . .
It turned out so cutely!  I'm really pleased with it.  And even more pleased that out of the seven projects I had, I'm finished with four!  So next up I'll be working on this guy . . . 
My instructions?  This picture . . .
It's pretty self-explanatory, so  I shouldn't get too hung up!  It'll keep me busy on my slow stitching Sunday.  :)

I've been playing in fabric, too!  REALLY!  One crafty fabic project and one quilty fabric project . . . both gifts, so I can't show any of the quilt and all I can show of the craft project is this tidbit . . .
It looks fun, right?? Between the two of them and the 1/8th of a yard I used for my NOEL project:
[Which isn't finished (I needed "an ingredient" to finish it up that I can't pick up until Monday), but at least I know where it's going!] I've made a tidy little dent in my fabric stash this week!
Yay!!  I'd like to finish one more project before mid-month, so hopefully there will be an even bigger 'little dent'!

Last weekend Joc and her crew took their annual family trek to the Botanical Garden's Galaxy of Lights walking tour. As always, they finished up with a visit to see Santa Claus. These photos, through the years, have been a wonderful laugh and this year was no exception (and Ellie has proven consistent through all her four visits):
Ellie, 2012
Ellie (with Sawyer), 2013
Ellie (with Evey--and held by Jocelyn), 2014
Evey and Ellie, 2015

Are they not just priceless??  The Santa (who's the same all four years) simply makes the 2015 photo. Oh gracious, I just love them!

In preparation for our church's annual Thanksgiving fellowship tomorrow, I made an apple pie, crust and all . . .
It smells so good, it's all I can do to stay out of it tonight! It's a dry run through for Thanksgiving -- I'll do this all over again (and then some) on Wednesday!

I'll be linking up to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts.  But before I go, I wanted to share one more thing.  I'll be starting this marvelous Bible study on Monday called Quieting Your Heart for the Holidays.  It's being hosted by Darlene Schacht of Time Warp Wife, and it promises to be wonderful.
I know I can't be the only one who struggles with keeping balance between the craziness that can come at this time of the year, wanting things to be just so, with remembering and celebrating what truly is the reason for celebration to begin with. It's a free study (with the exception of the prayer journal, which I purchased, and isn't required for the study) on her site and she provides lots of pretty freebies to make it fun.

And on that note, I'm outta here . . . I've got stitching to do before it gets crazy up in here!!

:)

16 noted . . .:

CathieJ said...

I love those snowmen and the pictures with Santa are priceless. I will be making my apple pie Wednesday night. I have to get the ingredients tomorrow.

Kate said...

The Santa photos are priceless! That last one is absolutely perfect.

You've been busy. The snowmen are fun. Hope you get lots of time for stitching this weekend.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Cute little snowmen projects and pretty row of fabrics. Oh, MY!! The Santa photos over the years are priceless!!

Needled Mom said...

Your snowmen are so cute. I absolutely loved seeing the Santa pictures over the years.

Kris said...

GREAT post, Denise!! Looks like the kids were just not digging Santa this year - I bet they sing a different tune on Christmas morning after he has visited the night before!! :-)) Love the instructions for the Snowman!! :-))

Doniene said...

Wonderful projects! Those photos of the girls and Santa are absolutely priceless!!! I chuckled out loud when I saw Santa's face!!! What a great series of memories!!

The Bible study looks great! I'm on my to check it out!!

Blessings and hugs!

Jeanna said...

I'm visiting from Slow Sunday Stitching (Kathy's Quilts).

Snowmen are my favorite and I absolutely love your little hanger.

The Santa pictures are truly priceless.

The Bible study sounds interesting. I've never seen one like this in blogland before.

It looks like you live in Alabama. I was born there and moved to south Florida when I was 18. Not many family members left there so I do not get back very often.

Hope you and your family have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Those little snowmen are adorable!

Missy Shay said...

I just love your snowmen! The pictures are adorable!

Momof3girls said...

Oh my, I absolutely love the pics of Ellie, but especially the last one. It's great that Santa plays along too. :)

Donna said...

That little snowman hanger is so cute! Love the Santa photos, too.

Darlene Schacht said...

Thank you so much for listing my Quieting Your Heart series. You're so sweet! I really appreciate that.

Janet O. said...

Just have to say, I love the word "plethora".
Four of the seven projects finished? I am impressed, girl. Look at you go! The snowman trio is charming.
Poor Ellie--scarred for life. She will never be able to enjoy Christmas. : ) Those pictures are a hoot! Someday she will get a kick out of them.
I remember my oldest daughter at a church Christmas party when she was 2 or 3--Santa came into the room ho-ho-hoing, and she screamed and ran the other direction.
The pie looks delicious. I am going to make another attempt at gluten free pie crust this week. I'll let you know how it turns out.

The Cozy Quilter said...

'Tis the season of secret projects and limiting of pictures in our blogposts! Cute snowmen! I think the instructions are very clear for your snowman project! They allow some room for you to add your own special touches!

Cath said...

I love the Santa projects...finished...or not yet! and isn't that last Santa picture priceless...what a fabulous sense of humour. I have worked with quite a few Department Store Santas and some of them (small minority) are not at all suited to the job where others come back year after year and are fabulous.

Sarah said...

The Santa definitely made those holiday pictures. I'm sure he's used to kids crying to some degree. My Dad has played Santa for years and, being from a small time, can really get some of the kids worried about the kids being naughty while Santa is watching. "Did you leave your toys out in the sandbox??!" I'll be right over for pie - can you believe I haven't had any apple pie yet this year??