Saturday, January 07, 2017

a birthday and busyness . . .

Todd and I rang in the New Year sick and have pretty much stayed that way the entire first week of 2017.  BLAH! Oh, you know ... not seriously ill, just icky.  I made it to work on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (my worst day was Monday), and Todd was about two days behind me.  I'll be glad when we're BOTH feeling better!

Our last day at Wears was sweet and I took selfies with all my gals and a few of the fellows . . .
And they did a presentation at the end of the service and gifted us with roses. 
Aren't they just beautiful? I will sure miss that sweet church family.

Ellie celebrated her 5th birthday a little early.  We went over there for a birthday dinner, cake and presents.  She elected to wear her "Cinderella" dress . . .
She's so precious! She wanted a pink cake with flowers . . .
Huntsville has a new bakery (Edgar's) and I'd say they did a marvelous job! Evey was also very excited about the cake . . .
I've never seen her (or Ellie, for that matter) clean her plate so quickly!
Even Leia was sociable. Fancy that!

I managed to complete my little wool project:
I love how this finished! It was a bright, happy spot of color during this cold, grey week!

Speaking of grey, I also started a new project . . .
The hexies are almost finished.  I'll continue whipping them together as part of Sunday's slow stitching. Then it will be on to part two of the project which involves wool and more hand work.

And I've been playing around with bullion knots.  Bullion bunnies.  
For a potential project that involves a line of children's clothing.  Have mercy.

And last but not least, I also stitched up a quick pair of lounge pants for Ellie's bitty baby:
The pattern calls for knit, but I used cotton, hoping it would fit okay.  It does. (Whew!) There's a story here, but I'll share it for a later post.

My stash report was going to have changes, but Todd needed to go out last Saturday afternoon, so I went with him and went into Hobby Lobby.  They had exactly the fabric I needed (for the grey hexies), so I went ahead and got it instead of waiting until Monday (when I was too sick to have gone anyway). But stash had already been reported for 2016 and since 2017 starts a fresh slate, it just goes unreported . . . until I use it!  Bwaaahahaaha!!
Needless to say, my report is unchanged. -wink, wink-

Linking up with Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts and the Feline Friday post at Sarah Did It!

Happy Sunday -- this is the day that the Lord has made!  Rejoice and be GLAD in it!!

:)

14 noted . . .:

Shasta Matova said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well. It seems like the flu is going around quite a bit. And you've already gotten a finish for 2017. Congrats on that!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the little wool project and the new hexie makes me curious. I know a few people with illness right now and I am so trying to avoid it.

Needled Mom said...

There's a lot of that illness going round right now. Hope you're all better soon. The grays look so pretty.

Janet O. said...

I was fighting that icky feeling over the Christmas weekend. No fun.
Hard to leave a place and people you have loved. What adventures await?
Gorgeous roses--and a really happy cake!
If that is Leia's sociable look--oh, I forget--she is a cat. That is sociable!
Really pretty little wool project. A smile inducer. : )
What have you gotten yourself into involving a line of children's clothing?!?
I'm waiting for the story on the doll pants!

Mary said...

I am still recovering from the Icky stuff. going on 3 weeks of it. I call it the 'Walla Walla Crud'. Fever and a Cough that seems to never go away. I finally braved going out a few times this week. I know how bitter sweet is is to move on to your next assignment. Change is good, they say. Happy Birthday to Ellie! Happy Stitching to you! Clothing line???? You have me curious as well.

Meloney said...

WE all had the yucks to start the new year. :(
Glad you are better and next week we are all going to have fabric used! I know it!
I'm making things that are long term, so I know I won't have lots of fabric out for a bit.

scraphappy said...

The colors on your little wool project are beautiful. Enjoy your hexies. Looks like you are off to a good start already. Glad you are feeling better. It is that time of year.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Hope that you feel better soon...love that one photo of Ellie / she looks so adorable!

Quilter Kathy said...

I just love your gorgeous wool project... so happy looking with great stitching texture!
And that bullion bunny is adorable and looks challenging!

Linda said...

Yes, your wool project is beautiful. Cheery and bright. Your hexie project is great.

Missy Shay said...

I'm glad you are feeling better now. I love the birthday cake, I wish I had more orders for old fashioned flowers like that.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Glad you are feeling better,too!!! Great projects that you are working on.
Hug's, Carolyn

Sarah said...

Sounds like a ringing endorsement for the new bakery!
Leia is such a pretty lady - wonder what brought her out to be sociable? She's looking a little gray around the gills - how old is she now?
All such pretty projects - you've been mighty busy!!

Kate said...

You've been busy, love your wool finish. Sorry you've both been sick, hopefully you are both doing much better now. The kids grow up so fast, it seems like just yesterday that Ellie was a baby! Now she's ready for kindergarten.