Monday, September 01, 2003

Last night I read the Scripture that will be covered in next Sunday's lesson. We start in Philippians, chapter 1, verses 1-18a. Some of my favorite verses come out of Philippians. It amazes me that Paul could have written such a joyful, uplifting, and encouraging letter while he was imprisoned for the cause of Christ! Not only that, but that the cause of Christ was *furthered* by his imprisonment!

I'm very anxious about the upcoming Sunday School year. It looks like I've got a great group of women in my class, but I'm still anxious. It will be hard to teach in the footsteps of Patti. She has been such a phenomenal Bible teacher! I've been very blessed to have sat under her teaching for the last seven months. It really opened my eyes to the possibilities teaching held! I was so confined to a box . . . and teaching God shouldn't be confined to a box. I learned a lot from her, and I'm ready to teach again. I'm really afraid that I wont' give it the attention that it deserves, due to all the other priorities in my life -- like family, job, and sanity!

God I'm really depending on You to empower me through this! I guess that's what You want from me anyway. I need to lean on YOU!

My favorite verse from this week's lesson is Phil. 1:6:

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Wow! He's still working on me! And will keep working on me and perfecting me until Jesus returns. Which means I'll never be in a position to say, "I've arrived." It's humbling and exciting all at the same time. :)

Todd and I walked together this morning. It was nice -- and we actually walked several more laps than is typical, just because the conversation was so good! We so need time together like that every day; to share our thoughts and concerns. To share what we're praying for, so we can make sure we're praying in unison!

0 left a comment . . .: