Tuesday, August 29, 2017

it shouldn't be this hard . . .

I mean, right? I can't tell you the number of times I've pulled up this blog over the last four months (I'm not counting my 'Happy 4th' post!) and have just not been able to click "new post".  In fact, I just commented on another's blog that we go through seasons that just make it difficult.  So it's been.

I've been doing stuff . . . I've been quite busy, in fact.  But not really quilty/crafty stuff, though I've managed to keep some handwork going.  I finally finished (after only thirteen months) my strawberry candle mat:
And a wool flag:
And I think that's about it.  LOL! I said I'd worked on things, not that I'd finished things.  ;)

We've been out on the boat this summer, but not a lot; it's been such a rainy summer. But when we have gone out, it's been good!

We've enjoyed grandgirls . . .

And Friday I head out to California to love on my Panter crew! I'm so excited! 
Plus *my* baby turns 30.  I can't miss celebrating that!

So essentially I've jumped on here to wave hello and goodbye . . . I'll be back in two weeks and share some things on which I'm working (like orange hexies) . . .
And some updated pics of the Panter grands, along with all the stuff that's going on with guild and work and the camp, etc.

Farewell August . . . September is literally just around the corner!

:)

16 left a comment . . .:

Cathy said...

I miss hearing from you! It seems like a lot of people are having the same issues. A lot of the blogs that I started following years ago no longer have anything showing up on them. It’s kinda sad......

Janet O. said...

So happy to get a wave from you as you pass across the country!! :)
Safe travels, my friend, and I'll hold you to that promise of a future update.

Needled Mom said...

As I always say....we are too busy living life instead of documenting it. It looks like a perfect summer to me.

Libby in TN said...

Nice hearing that you've enjoyed your summer. Have a great trip to CA!

Lyndsey said...

It's lovely to hear from you again and see pictures of the grands and that fabulous candle mat. Life is for being busy and enjoying, with no pressure to write posts...so long as you post occasionally to let us know you're all well.



Jean Etheridge said...

You look way too young to be a grandma! Have a fun and safe trip. I hope we meet in person this fall at guild.

Love Bears All Things said...

This was a lot like my journal updates...I sometimes go a month without writing in it and then try to hit the highlights and can't remember some of it but I keep on because I know someday someone will read it.....We recently made a will and I made the passing on of my journals one of my personal bequests at my death...there are now about 30 years of them, wish I'd started long before that.
Mama Bear

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You are always busy in the Summer, so use to you disappearing at this time. BUT, so good of you to drop in with your lovely smiling face.

Creations By Cindy said...

I have missed seeing posts from you. Though I only post once a week and girl, that's about all I can do too. Loving the pictures. Those grands are the cutest and oh I know they drip with sugar cause they are so sweet. Looks like you have been busy with all your beautiful creations. WOW! Hoping you have a great day. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Doniene said...

Hey girl! So hear you on the blogging! Have a blessed trip! Your projects are darling!!

Hugs!

Sarah said...

It's fun to see your pictures "live" but it's also fun to read the commentary on your blog along with the photos. Enjoy your trip!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Welcome back, and, goodbye. Hope to see you again in a few weeks (not months).

Debbie Huber said...

Love hearing from you again! You are always so upbeat and positive. Great wool work. So pretty and so portable. Have fun with family. Those grands are the best, aren't they?

Kate said...

Glad you popped in to say hi. Life sometimes just gets in the way. Hope you enjoy your time with the family in California.

koi seo said...

A lot of the blogs that I started following years ago no longer have anything showing up on them. It’s kinda sad......


หนังผี

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Grin...it was worth the wait. Can almost taste the strawberries, and smell the fish frying. Happy Birthday to your baby boy!