I've really been caught up in hand embroidery of late. Not sure what has me so enthralled, but I *like* it! I thought I'd share a few finishes and progress.
I finished the stitching on this little secret project . . .
I'll fill you in later. Hahaha!
I started and finished this acorn . . .
![]() |
| Stitched by me; pattern from Kathy Schmitz, One Stitch at a Time Embroidery Club |
I love this cosmos variegated floss; it's so soft and pretty! I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do with this stitchery, but I'll figure out something.
The tea-dying was fabulous on my pumpkin piece. It's subtly mottled (so subtle you can hardly tell), and it's just perfect with the colors of floss I've chosen for stitching . . .
![]() |
| Stitched by me; pattern from Meg Hawkey, Crabapple Hill Studios |
This is probably how I'll spend my slow stitching time today -- getting a good bit of stitching in with my extra hour! ;)
While I waited for the dye to take and then dry, I quickly traced out and stitched up this little honey:
| Stitched by me; pattern from The Needle Crafter |
I used a Valdani hand dyed variegated floss on this one. It was so cute in the hoop, I decided to finish it that way and now it's hanging in the RV! Can you tell I have a thing for acorns? Heh.
I have this wintry sampler traced out, ready and waiting in the wings . . .
![]() |
| Ready to be stitched by me; pattern from Kathy Schmitz, Snow Sampler |
But I can't decide which floss to use for it! I'm kind of leaning towards the Cosmos variegated with the blues and purples, but I really liked the dark teal Kathy used in her sample design. She's doing a stitch-along right now with it, in redwork!
And while I was perusing Kathy's website, I went ahead and signed up for her One Stitch at a Time monthly embroidery club. My first pattern arrived on November 1 and look at what it was:
| Kathy Schmitz, Tea for Two |
How appropriate, right?!?!? Right up my tea-loving alley! Please note: this is a picture of Kathy's stitching, not mine!! (Credit where credit is due.)
And before I head out (will share the acorn tutorial Monday or Tuesday), I *have* to share pics of the grands! We spent Halloween at my folks' house with the grandgirls . . .
And the California crew celebrated June's October 31 birthday with a reptile petting zoo coming to their house! Yikes! Check out that SNAKE (it's real, not a fake prop) . . .
June (center) had a blast . . . sweet seven years old! Love my grands!
Linking up today's post to Kathy's Quilts slow stitching post!
:)






13 expressed . . .:
SO much pretty... I love the pumpkin you are working on!! And I subscribe to Kathy Schmitz monthly patterns, but haven't been very diligent to stitch them. I've done one this year!!!
Oh my I can see why are you enthralled, such pretty projects. I have never tried the cosmos thread do you like it better than DMC?
As an (old) embroiderer, I just loved this post! I too stitch lots of Meg's and Kathy's patterns and love to see them crop up around the net. Your stitches are immaculate...beautiful work!
So glad you are using your extra hour wisely :)
LOVE the crabapple pumpkin pattern!
So many wonderful stitcheries... enjoy!
Love the crabapple pumpkin pattern. Love all your stitcheries. I'm doing the Kathy Schmitz One Stitch at a Time too.
The pumpkin is so cute!
Such wonderful hand embroidery you are showing off in this post! Thanks for posting this at Kathy's so I could peruse your blog and leave a comment too... oh my that snake is freaking me out though... I guess a 7 year old may like it... hope your grands aren't near all the fires happening in CA right now!!! Have a blessed Sunday Denise... Kathi
I just love all the acorn embroidery you have done I love acorns myself and have a few of the same patterns. The pumpkin piece is looking lovely.
I love your embroideries and I too have a thing about acorns. I must get back to my stitcheries but at the moment I'm finishing up knitting john's jumper. Great pictures of the grands.
Look at all that luscious Fall stitching!
And that is a very cute snow sampler, too. You obviously know your way around embroidery. You seem to get so much done in a short amount of time.
That Tea for Two pattern could have been hand selected for you--absolutely you!
Oh, look at all those cute grands. :)
But I think that snake is scarier than anything I saw over Halloween!
Beautiful stitching!! While I don't care for the snake, the grands are gorgeous!! Love their costumes also!
You have stitched so many pretties! You have gorgeous grandkids but snakes....yuck! Lol
Very pretty embroidery projects. You've been making a lot of progress with the hand work. Happy stitching this week.
Post a Comment