Sunday, September 05, 2021

how now . . .

It's not a brown cow, but close enough.  :)

Edith enjoyed her first solo sleepover with us over the long weekend! The cow greeted us as we came down the hill to the camp's entrance.  At least that's what Edith said. "Look, Neesey, the cow is greeting me!"  I love that she's got such a bright, broad imagination!  
She was pretty chatty the entire ride, telling me what we were going to do.  I guess her big sisters had already given her an earful about sleepovers at Neesey and Pawpaw's!

We got there in time to have dinner, watch a movie and color.  Not necessarily in that order.
Everyone knows you have tea in fancy cups at Neesey's.

She was tired, so before dinner she spread out and took a little cat nap.  Of course, her [MY] doll needed a nap as well, and she made a mini palette out of a small quilt and a mug rug.  Whatever works, right?

She also knew that part of the deal with sleepovers was sleeping in the big bed with Neesey and watching cartoons on the iPad. Those big sisters didn't leave anything out!
We watched a few cartoons—Bluey, I think—but it wasn't long before . . .
Sweet dreams, baby girl!

The next day we played outside for a while.  Edith visited with the baby turtles!
She also was determined to help me peel potatoes.  Y'all, this is true love.  It took me three times the time it would normally take me to peel potatoes, because she wanted to wield the potato peeler.  All I can say is ... well ... Jocelyn can thank me later!!  ;)

On the way back to her mama's house, it got quiet in the back seat.  
I guess I wore Edith Rose out!  I know Edith Rose wore *me* out!!  ♥

:)

0 expressed . . .: