Friday, February 18, 2022

ready, set, launch . . .

Backposted (because how ever many years from now I'd regret not having posted these pictures along with their stories)!

I think I mentioned that over the Christmas break, Todd and I pulled the pontoon boat from the marina and took it in for its annual check-up.  We got it back last weekend and the weather was SO nice, we went ahead and launched it back into the water.  And hey, let's just spend the day!
It really was a lovely day.  I mean, it wasn't a bathing suit/swimming kind of day (we weren't wearing heavy coats either—see above!), but the sun was out, the temps were relatively mild, and there was no wind!  
There were tons of birds on the water.  And the pelicans were out!  We have a group that over-winter on the lake.  So fun! 
It was fun to see them all over the place.  It's especially fun to watch them fly!

Todd was happy fishing and I was happy reading. We were prepared for a long day ... he had coffee and I had my afternoon tea!  
Complete with the March/April issue of TeaTime Magazine.  One of my favorites!  For all that the temps were mild, the sun still set at winter time . . . so we soon had to make the trek back in.  
A terrific day.  You know what they say ... any day on the lake is a good day!
:)

0 expressed . . .: