Saturday, June 11, 2005

Sunday School. I know what is supposed to be done, I know how it is supposed to be done, I just don't know when I'm supposed to do it!

I do know that it's an area in my life that is not pleasing to God right now. Lord, I need for You to show me ... direct, lead and GUIDE me. I don't feel capable of working fulltime, taking care of a home and family, plus ministering to a Sunday School class the way they need to be ministered to. HELP! I want to be in Your service; I want to do all that You assign me, to the best of my ability. I just don't know how.

I've just finished looking over Todd's plan for revitalizing Sunday School at Flint River. He makes some wonderful points. As much as I originally spoke against going from two to one Sunday School, it makes good sense. First of all, it would take the burden off of people who are teaching who are teaching because they feel like someone's got to, not that they are called to by God. Second, it combines classes that right now may only have 2-3 people each, into 4-6 people each. It's hard to teach a class of 1 or 2 people. The only major difficulty I see, is where you have a class combined and both sets of teachers wish to teach it. I see that as a big problem in the youth department, particularly. Great care would have to be given to the selection of teachers, were we to go in this direction.

I don't want to be a shallow Christian. I don't want my faith to be found lacking by my Creator. I want to grow stronger in Jesus. And I don't want to just say the words that make me "sound good." I want it reflected in my life.

Lord, I need Your guidance in the area of a job. Where would You have me to work? I lay my life in Your hands. I know You are in control -- You know where You want me. Please enable me to be receptive to Your will for my life. Lord, I do love You. Please give me the ability to demonstrate that love for You through service in Your Kingdom.


:)

0 left a comment . . .: