Wednesday, May 06, 2015

out of hiding . . .

Have mercy . . . for the first time in our nineteen years of marriage, Todd and I were both sick at the same time.  And not just "have a sniffle" sick, but miserable, can't get out of bed sick!  BLAH!  Poor Todd, just when he should have been getting over whatever that virus was (that pretty much made its way though all three of our families), he came down with strep.  My fellow was not a happy camper.

Needless to say, we've neither of us been doing a whole lot!  I missed going on our ladies' retreat to Pigeon Forge.  Boooo!!  But I got better in time to attend a guild committee meeting at the home of one of the members -- on Lake Guntersville.  The meeting day was beautiful and we had lunch out on the back deck.  What a view!!
I can't be too jealous, though, not when this is in my back yard!!
I can't wait until the weather is right for toe dipping and splashing!

I haven't been in the Nook . . . but I have been doing some stitching on a dear little dolly's dress:
Last night I finished the center petal.  Now all I need to do is a little stitching on the petals on either side of the center monogram.  
They're marked and ready to go.  That's my WOW!!  Linking on up to Esther Aliu's blog.

Turtles have been coming out of hibernation, but we had yet to see any of the baby turtles.
That is, until yesterday!  Isn't he teeny-tiny and precious??! I hope we see more!

And finally, I treated myself to an early Mother's Day gift . . .
I couldn't pass this little book up and I'm so glad I didn't . . . it's filled with wonderful recipes.  Can't wait to try some!

Hope the rest of your week is filled with happy things that make you smile!

:)

10 left a comment . . .:

Kris said...

Am so glad you and Todd are feeling better!! That is so hard when both of you are down at the same time!! Happy to have you back!! Take care of yourself!! The embroidery is darling as is the baby turtle!! And that looks like your kind of reading material!! Enjoy!!

Janet O. said...

Sorry you two have been down and out, and that Hubby took on another round of sickness with strep. No fun!
You do have such beautiful surroundings. And the baby turtle looks precious. : )
Your stitching on the collar takes the dress to a whole new level!
Good to have you surface in blogland now and then. *LOL*

Momof3girls said...

I have missed you so much! So glad to hear that you all are better now. The baby turtles are so cute.

It must be so much fun to have a creek running through your backyard. :D

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, so sorry that both of you were so sick. HOpe you both are on the mend. I like your backyard view better.

Needled Mom said...

I hope you are both on the road to recovery.

That baby turtle is so cute.

Melissa Bishop said...

So glad you are all feeling better! Love the dress and the we,e tiny turtle.

Kate said...

Glad that you and your guy are feeling better. That's miserable to both be sick.

Sounds like life has been busy. Hope you can find some time to stitch a bit.

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh isn't that turtle just the cutest! Every time I come to your blog, I think to myself "I've got to make one of those crazy quilts! Your is so pretty!" Nothing like feeling better after being sick. Life just feels joyous. I do hope you are both much, much better.

Mary said...

I just got a book that has a Crazy Quilt on the front. It' makes me want to start one. I'm resisting... Sorry you've been sick. crossing my fingers, I haven't caught it from any of my Kids or grands. Pretty stitching as always.
I love your view.

Esther Aliu said...

Oh no! I've just been through this and send you prayers for a speedy recovery, being sick is just the worst, I hope you'll be better soon.

Dolly's dress is coming along beautifully, what lovely stitching.