Sunday, April 19, 2015

happy - busy - happy . . .

It was a busy work week (and just busy in general, work notwithstanding), but there were definitely some sweet highlights!  First, I had a mid-week office visit with *all* the grands and their mommies!
It was a wild, wonderful hour, to be sure!  I love it when they come visit me!

We also celebrated Todd's birthday on Friday . . .
Whoohoo!  He's older than me again!  Haha -- it only lasts for six months.  ;)

And I won a sweet stack of wool fat quarters at guild . . . 
Isn't it yummy?
I'm so glad I don't report my wool stash. That's a horse of a completely different color!

And I finished my center for the Chevron with a Twist piece . . .
I love that method for faux ruched flowers -- it was so much FUN!! The blue bird is ready to be appliqued down, but I think he'll actually go on the half square triangles.

And, tah dah!
I finished piecing Lil' Charmer and got the black borders put on! The lighting this morning does not do it any justice at all.  I so love this!  My Slow Sunday Stitching will be sandwiching it together and getting started on the quilting!  I can't wait to see the effect of the rainbow variegated thread on the black border!

Which brings me to my Stash Report . . .
I'm counting in the yard I purchased for Lil' Charmer, but counting out the 2.5 yards (front and back) I put into it!  Yay!

Linking up to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts this morning.  Y'all have a marvelous Sunday!!

:)

15 noted . . .:

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on getting ready to quilt the charmer!
And speaking of charming, those babies are beyond adorable!
Your ruching looks amazing! I was worried that the little bird might fall into the seam allowance, but I should have known you were watching out for him :)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

That Lil Charmer literally takes my breath away. I love black in quilts but have no idea why I've never used it in any of my quilts. I guess that'll change soon as I purchased 3 yards of a gorgeous black this last week. ;-) Nothing better than a visit by the grands to the office ... really brightens that work day.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Sounds like a busy week but you still managed to get a bit of sewing time ! It just soothes the soul! Very nice projects!

Prima Donna said...

Love, love, love your Lil Charmer. The variegated rainbow thread will look fantastic on the black border.

1000needles.com said...

What a great week! The babies are adorable! :)

A Nudge said...

How lucky you are to have them all visit! Such a precious bundle. Congrats on your finish - it's great. And I love your medallion for your next one. So lovely with all those ruched flowers. I'd move the bird a tad down to have a seam allowance, but then it might be the photo. I invite you, Denise, to link to WIPs Be Gone to show off all your progress - life is good.

Mary said...

I love verigated thread. It will shine on the that black border. Charmer is the fitting name! Glad you got Grandmatime! it's the icing on the cake! HB to DH too!

Missy Shay said...

The Charmer looks great!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Nothing better than grands! My husband is 6 mos younger than me, so I know of what you speak! LOL Wow winning wool is like a bit of gold. I love the feel of it, but so far have not given in to the temptation. You have some lovely projects going!

katie z. said...

Way to go!

Needled Mom said...

What a great week you had!!! Love the Lil Charmer.

tink's mom said...

The lil Charmer is looking terrific. I also loved the teacup mug rug.

Janet O. said...

Looks like fun AND chaos at Grandma's work! : )
Happy birthday to Todd, the youngster!
Beautiful wools--really, you WON them? Of course. You win Everything! *LOL*
What a pretty centerpiece for your quilt. I've never made ruched flowers, faux or otherwise.
Lil' Charmer is delightful. I know the colors are much richer than it appears in the photo. You are hand quilting it? More power to you!! The variegated thread will be a nice effect.

CathieJ said...

Little Charmer is so pretty. I really like your ruched flowers also. What adorable grands you have. My husband is 2 weeks shy of a year younger than me, so we only have 2 weeks as the same age. I am always the older woman. Enjoy your quilting.

Kris said...

Denise - looks like a fun time with your family!! You are so blessed!! and I love the Lil' Charmer quilt!! The black border is perfect!!