Wednesday, September 16, 2015

checking in . . .

Y'all, I was utterly dismayed (no, seriously, I was totally and utterly dismayed) when I pulled up my blog this morning and realized that I had not posted in nearly a MONTH.  How has it gone from August 26th to September 16th and I've not shared a single darn thing?  

Rather selfish of me, huh?!

I'll spare you my typical (and truthful) sob story about living life . . . family/grandchildren keeping me busy . . . ministry . . . working fulltime . . . blah blah blah.  Nothing's changed! ;)  Instead, I'll get down to business and share some photos!!

First and foremost, Everley Jade turned ONE!  The littlest of the littles is now a full year old.  
Isn't she beautiful?!  And quite the personality, too!!

Ellie and I had a 'sleepover' and we drank tea, watched movies, and colored.
Yes, we both colored.  Hey, it's how we cool Neeseys roll.

The whole crew of grands was at the beach for the Labor Day weekend . . . 
Sawyer, June, and Olivia had a blast playing in the sand!  
And the three bigger kids had fun being *buried*! While the kids were on the beach, Todd and I spent some time on the lake with friends . . .
It was a lovely weekend! And just so you know . . . that's as far as I got into the water! ;)

I finally finished up this sweet little piece and got it to my mom for her annual Autumn gift (she and my dad celebrated FIFTY-FIVE years of wedded bliss on September 10th)!!
I love this little pattern!  I had a lot of fun with it -- so I'm not sure why it took me so LONG to finish it!

And since I'm enjoying the heck out of working with wool these days, I immediately picked up another wool project . . . 
Simple, but quite a lot of fun!  If I can stay focused and get it finished in time, it would make the perfect little mat to go with my September mini!
And, if you look closely at my stand, you'll notice it's sporting a sweet new look!  I got a new wire topper for it!  Just in time for fall! Oh -- and just above the stand is a picture of my folks, the anniversary couple!

I've also been playing with some of the wildlife photos I took while in South Dakota.  Here's two of the shots I've turned into notecards . . . 
I've done several more, but have already used them! It's a fun way to enjoy my trip all over again and share it in part with others.

And finally . . . it's coming up on that time of year of all things PUMPKIN!
I kicked it off this week with my first pumpkin spice latte.  Yummy!  Fall is my favorite!

:)

8 noted . . .:

Kate said...

Sorry you've been so busy, it's good to hear you are still stitching when possible. Oh those kids are getting so big. Looks like the whole family had a wonderful weekend.

Needled Mom said...

It looks like you have the perfect excuse for not posting! The little ones are all so cute. I love the squirrel stitchery too.

Mary said...

You've been busy. Stitching counts even if you don't share it. Glad you have had some Family fun and not just WORKING! Cute little apple mat in the works.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Family is always first - those younguns' grow too fast. The squirrels are cute, but I love the new apple mat. Ah, pumpkin season - enjoy that too.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Looks like what kept you away from blogging was worth the break. ❤️

Paula said...

Your "littles" are adorable. I also love your wool projects. I also love to work with wool. Enjoy your life and your "littles", they grow up way to fast. Hugs.

Sarah said...

You've been a busy, busy girl having tons of fun but I can't believe that you forgot HeLP would be today...

Ranch Wife said...

Such a treat to 'see' you in my blog feed! Looks like you have been living life to the fullest my friend! Those beautiful grandchildren must just make your heart burst with joy! Enjoyed a beautiful sermon in church this morning about mission work and had you two on my heart. Praying for y'all daily.