Monday, September 27, 2004

I'm taking steps. Action.

I know how badly I need to resolve the weight issue. It's just so hard! I know that this body is God's temple. I want to live a long, healthy life. I want to play with grandchildren (some very distant day in the future). And while I know that my time on this earth is not guaranteed, I also know that if I maintain my current weight gain, I'm not doing anything but hurting myself and those I love.



I truly believe that the principles of the Weigh Down workshop are sound. And I know that so much of my problem is a heart thing. I don't eat when I'm hungry. Or rather, I don't *just* eat when I'm hungry! I eat when I'm celebrating, when I'm sad, when I'm stressed, when I'm angry . . . get the picture. It isn't pretty, I know.

Weight Watchers is great, but it still doesn't address the "not eating when you're not hungry" issue. Today I've been . . . better. I've had so far:

2 Banana Muffins
2 cups coffee w/FF coffee mate
1 serving of chicken pot pie
10 melba toast crackers
> 1 ice cream bar <
1 piece of cake
2 bottled waters
1 7-up

Hey -- I'm *really* hungry right now, too! I picked up some vitamin B12 at the store. I'm very seriously considering a 5-day liquid fast. It would help shrink my stomach and clear my head. I think I'll use the first five weekdays of the break. I don't think it would be a good idea to start this while I'm dealing with the last week of the quarter! Besides, I really want to be able to pray during this time of fasting.

Lord, You know my heart. You know how much I hate being so overweight. I do want to be a living sacrifice to You. I do want Your love and grace to be reflected in me. And I do want You to be who I turn to with my joys, sorrows, fears, and stresses; not food. Please allow me to have a teachable spirit as I embark, again, on a journey of relearning how to eat. Lord, please keep me humble. Please be my strength and my sustenance. I love you Lord. Praise You for the right desires You give me. Praise You for allowing a means of escape whenever I'm tempted. Lord, please readily call to my mind the Scripture I need to combat my enemy -- my own lustful and gluttonous desires.

AMEN!

Lord, through You, I can do all things. Praise God.

:)


0 left a comment . . .: