Sunday, July 17, 2005

Good, but strange week. Just so many changes!

The WW thing is going fairly well, so far. Part of my problem is that I want miracles to happen, overnight! I know this isn't possibly -- I know that the weight I've put on, I've put on over the course of several years, so it's going to take at *least* several months to take it off -- but still, I want instant results. Perhaps this is a lesson in patience; knowing that the God who began a good work in me, will see it through to the final result. Am I willing to wait? I HAVE TO BE!

Brother Terry preached another great sermon this morning. Prayer life. Wow. I know I leave a lot to be desired in my prayer life. Something he said really caught my ear. A Christian with a weak prayer life will have a weak walk. A person who has a nonexistant prayer life will have a nonexistant walk. And a person who has an insignificant prayer life, will have a walk that reflects the same. So, if my prayer life is less than to be desired, than my walk must also be a less than desirable walk. Oh God, forgive my lack of prayer. Where my treasure is, there will be my heart be. I suppose, where I am willing to spend time is a reflection of where my treasure is. Lord, I want my treasure to be in YOU. I want to come before you fervently in prayer; to allow the Holy Spirit to move within me. To be usable by You, O my Lord, my KING!

I keep thinking of one of the verses I read this week, in James, chapter five, verse sixteen:

Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so
that you may be healed The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish
much (NASB).

In the King James version of the Bible, it replaces "effective" with "fervent". I like the word fervent, it sounds fun, coming off the tongue. But I wasn't quite sure what it meant. It sounded a little more passionate than effective. Sure enough, when I looked it up on M-W.com, it has far more meaning than just effective. The main definition is, "very hot: GLOWING". WOW!! That's some word picture, right there. The very hot, GLOWING prayer of a righteous man accomplishes much. The second definition given was, "exhibited or marked by great intensity of feeling: ZEALOUS". Either way, it works. God acts on GLOWING and ZEALOUS prayer! He moves in the prayer life of a righteous one who is passionate about what she prays!

I had to go back and add "righteous" up there. I know I've passionately prayed about stuff that was NOT in God's will. He can't move on that! Wow. Glowing and zealous. Fervent prayer. Awesome stuff.

I need to get to work on purity. I'm so excited to have the opportunity to teach in Apples of Gold! It is such a wonderful ministry! I need to be fervent in my prayers for the class, and the prospective students, and all who will be teaching and leading throughout the Bible study! Abba, USE ME!! Let me make myself available to YOU!

:)

0 left a comment . . .: