Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I need to post here more often, if only to read my own heading: Count it *all* joy. Sometimes I forget how important an act that is in the Believer's life. No matter what difficulty I'm experiencing, I need to remember that all trials and tribulations can be used by God to shape and mold me into the the follower of Christ I need to be.

Words more easily spoken than realized, yes? Yes!

I spent my quiet time in the last four chapters of the book of Joshua. Sometimes I really dislike reading about the children of Israel, but only because it reinforces how much like them I am. Wayward and so quick to forget all that God has done for me. One thing that struck me this morning was Joshua pointing out to the Israelites -- several times -- that God had fulfilled _all_ of His promises to them. That realization serves to emphasize how important it is for me to "count it all joy." Because God fulfills His promises.

See, the thing is though -- God does things differently than I would! Heh -- good thing. Who would want a god that does things the way *I* would do them. I just have to remember that the best way doesn't mean it's the most comfortable way. And regardless, I need to count it *all* joy.

:)

0 left a comment . . .: