Monday, September 02, 2013

how in the world . . .

. . . did it get to be September already?!?  Did we even have a July/August?  Hello!

I guess it's time to look at my stash and NewFOs from August then, huh?  All in all, my stash enhancement was pretty darn well balanced, for me:

Used/donated this month: 15.0 yards
Used/donated year-to-date: 35.25 yards
Purchased/added this month: 12.5 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 83.75 yards
Net used/donated for 2013: -48.5 yards

Not too shabby ... finally some decent usage there, which also brought my net used numbers down.  Jolly good show!


As for NewFOs, I had several jolly good show starts as well, including my Christmas Twisted Hexies . . .

My strip quilt . . .
I had some darling help with that one last week.  They do say that two heads (and one full, furry body?!) are better than one!  Really it was rather appropriate ... it is, after all, fabric from the Dr. Seuss of Cat in the Hat infamy line!  ;)

The silhouettes project with pumpkins . . .

Fooling around with new dimensions for the spirograph (finished) . . .

And of course, my pretty little September block (finished) . . .

Todd and I sat outside yesterday evening, in our screened room we put up next to the sanctuary.  It was the perfect situation for a little handwork.  
I had forgotten about this little 'jewel'--somehow it got lost in the hustle and bustle of the summer--and decided it was time to whip all the pieces together.
I really love the look of it!  Perhaps this evening will be just as lovely and I can finish the hand-stitching part up while sitting outside.  And speaking of the sanctuary, please welcome our newest turtle guest . . . 
Merry! Which really does fit her (I'm pretty sure it's a 'her' because of her dark eyes) -- she's really rather spirited! 


I'm also working out some quilting ideas for Pixelated.
I have a general idea of what I'd like, but I'm still not sure.  It's nice to be able to print a copy from EQ and doodle things onto the printout.  For now though, what I'm busy repairing August's damage to the quilting bunk, so I can inflict September damage to it!  Seems a somewhat fitting way to spend Labor Day Monday!!

Linking up to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times (Design Wall Monday and Stash Report), Kathy's Quilts (Slow Stitching Sunday), Barbara Stanbro's Cat Patches (August NewFO Linky Party) and last, but FAR from least, Sarah Did It! (Feline Friday).  Whew!!

:)

21 left a comment . . .:

Paula said...

So many beautiful projects. I really love your silhouettes.
Your helpers are pretty awesome also.
September came much to soon. I tried to re-arrange that meeting for a later date but September said "NO". LOL!

Needled Mom said...

Your projects are wonderful and reminding me that fall is quickly approaching. SIGH!

Your new turtle is very pretty.

Terry said...

Really like your September hanging. Looks like you have been busy with all sorts of projects.

Michelle said...

You've been busy...with some great projects! The kitty/baby picture made me giggle. :P

Teresa in Music City said...

Jolly good show indeed my friend!!! You had so many great projects rockin' this month... and finishes!!! I'm jolly well proud of you :*D

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

You are so right. Where did the summer go?? I was wondering if you could share the dimensions for your little September hanging. I bought one of the frames on our trip north, but it seems that no one had a pattern to fit the frame. I just need to know how big of a block to make to hang nicely :-)

Janet O. said...

Lots of goodies here, Denise, but I must say that the pumpkins really caught my eye.
What a cute shot of your "helpers".
I love that you get to stitch outdoors in the "sanctuary". Sounds divine!! But I'd need the help of flood lights!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lots of sweetness - quilts, little faces, furry and shelled friends!

Mary said...

Good projects for Labor Day! Nice to read your post today. You've been busy with cuties.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love your September block! Blessings, Marlene

Cathy said...

Everything looks so good! I love your plan for pixelated. I think it will look fantastic.

Jean(ie) said...

Love the little head peeking out onto the quilt top! She's growing fast!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You got lots done. If you figure out where July/August is hiding, let me know. They ran away from here, too. Oh my!

Barbara said...

Cute projects. The picture of Ellie and the kitty is too cute.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Great looking projects! Love the little one's peeking out at us

Carolyn!

Tami C said...

I really like your little September quilt! I think I might even start doing some small quilts that I can put on an hanger like yours. You've got some great projects going on. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

Leia on the Dr Suess quilt is quite appropriate - I hadn't realized the fabric line when you sent me the pic before. the fabrics for your mini season quilts are stunning...I still loves me some batiks :)

Junebug613 said...

Great projects! Love your kitty and the turtle!

Kris said...

Oh, you are such a busy, busy girl and all your projects are so wonderful!! Do you have a big storage unit for your fabric or do you keep it all in your home?? And Merry is soooooo cute!!

Quilter Kathy said...

So many beautiful projects on the go!
I love the image of you sitting in a screened porch enjoying some hand stitching!

Kate said...

You had a busy August. Love your twisted hexie project. I didn't realize I'd gotten so far behind in reading blogs, so I apologize for the very late comment.