Monday, September 30, 2013

three and three . . .

In 2003, I had a whopping total of three posts in the month of September.  To be specific, I had a whopping total of three posts in the whole of 2003.  That was the first time I'd ever blogged.  Ever.  (My very first blog post was quite touching -- read it here.)  Who knew that ten years later, I'd still be plugging away at it?! 

To be truthful, though, some months I definitely plug away better than others . . . it's more than a little ironic to me that a decade later, in the month of September, I still have a whopping three posts.  LOL!  

I'll get back into the swing of things.  Probably.  In the meantime, here's a healthy handful of photos to entertain, edify, and educate!
Represent!  My Crimson Tide has played (and beat) Virginia Tech, Texas A&M,
Colorado State and Ole Miss.  We're 4-0.  Roll Tide!
I flew to NJ (via Philadelphia Airport) to visit one of my sisters (Sister #3) ... not a
bad way to spend a two-hour flight, right?! 
First stop in NJ -- Olde City Quilts.  It did not disappoint! 
Visited the lovely city of Princeton!   
Found this darling mini-bundt pan at my sister's local Homegoods.
This has been on my wish list for a while -- it was HALF the price!  YAY!
Ate well.  The. entire. time.  ;)
Then Sister #3 and I headed south to visit yet another sister.
Early morning sunshine selfie.  Waaaay early.  
Waaaaay south!  Remember the Alamo!  (We then traveled even
*further* south to Corpus Christi!)
We were greeted by Sister #4 and her oldest and youngest!
Meet darling Liesl . . . she is such a precious baby! 
Meet my brother-in-law . . . quite the entertainer, non?
And this was a quilt shop in Corpus Christi -- a lot of fun things there, too!
Three Sisters!
Please look very carefully ... those are actually bar stools we're sitting in.
I haven't completely lost my sense of propriety!
(But aren't they hilarious?!?!)
It was my idea to pose this way -- perhaps I have lost my sense of propriety!
Ferry boat ride from South Padre Island.  Hello pelicans!
Flight back home . . . totally inspired to make a "travel" quilt!
Welcome home!  My Todd is always so sweet!!
Free book that was waiting for me when I got home -- YAY!!
Not-so-free book that I got soon thereafter.
(It's filled with all kinds of lovely tea-party things!)
Put that mini-bundt pan to immediate good use.
Was given Ellie's high seal of approval.  ;)
Realized Ellie's grown waaaay too much!  Definitely not a baby any longer.
Leia, on the other hand,  hasn't changed.
Sawyer, James and I went turtle hunting.
We actually found FOUR turtles that day!  It was a terrapin record!
We also found some really, really cool mushrooms growing around the camp.
Seriously -- they both look like something you'd find in the
coral reef, not the forest floor!
Helped some dear friends set up the pavilion for their wedding at the camp.
Attended said wedding!
Autumn arrived!
Purples and yellows abound in the camp right now --
this is a favorite combination of mine!
And days like this make it hard to stay inside.  So I DON'T!
The end.

:)

15 left a comment . . .:

Mary said...

Glad you had a fun trip. I get to go fly to Colorado this week-end and get some grandma time there with two cute Grandsons. Love it! Yes, Fall is here. The weather is crazy windy and rainy here in the PNW. I think I moved to the "WETSIDE" and nobody told me.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Now, I couldn't tell you were sisters - LOL!!! Love the stools - how cool of a photo. Sounds like you had a lovely time.

Melissa Bishop said...

Great blog post. The bar stools are funny. Love the tea book cover. Everyone is growing so fast! So glad you had such a great time.

Barbara B said...

Your free book is a great one, I love it. And the B-I-L shot showed the little quilt I just finished, funny! And those barstools are a hoot--you're brave!

Janet O. said...

What a fun-filled post, Denise. I feel all caught up! And you have been quite the traveler!
Oh, that bar stool photo was too real! *LOL* Did you have any clue how convincing it would appear when you took it?
Love those mushrooms. What fun discoveries.
Nice to see the current status of the grandkids (well, most of them) and the cat. : )

Lyndsey said...

Those bar stools are a hoot. Love all your pics, such a fun post to read.

Barbara said...

Looks like life is good! I looked very hard at those barstools. I'm glad you mentioned that, because it sure looked like the real thing to me! On the other hand, I don't know what the real thing looks like, so pay no attention to me.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Looks like you had a wonderful September! The bar stools are hilarious! Thanks for taking me along with you~ loved all the photo's!

Barbara F. said...

Isn't life (away from the computer) grand?! Looks like you had a wonderful month of September. xo

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Those bar stools are just too cute! Are they in Corpus? If so, my MIL and her sisters need to 'pose' with them.

Kris said...

Oh, Denise!! Looks like you had a wonddddddderful time!! And yes, those bar stools are hilarious!!! Welcome back home!!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Fun " September trip, Denise and thank you for sharing with us!!!

LOVED the bar stools...soooooooooo happy they took that picture! Great sense of humor :)

Carolyn

Kate said...

Absolutely love your bar stools shot! What fun. Looks like you had a wonderful trip and visit with your family.

Sarah said...

Dang - you wore me out reading and catching up on your blog! Looks like your trip was a blast. I keep forgetting to tell you that there is a country song that references Roll Tide and I think of you every time I hear it on the radio :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great post! Those bar stools really made me laugh.

Love the photo of little Ella in front of the book case too.