Tuesday, June 17, 2014

i'm still around . . .

Ummmmm . . . it's been a while.  But I have NOT fallen off a cliff, been swept away by a flood, or been the victim of turtle anarchy.

Just busy!

Ellie came over and had her first RV sleepover!  She did a great job and was the perfect little overnight guest.  She even helped me make meringue cookies . . .
By being the royal taste-tester!  Haha!

Then I spent a lovely long weekend with Sawyer and June . . .
While their mommy and daddy were in the hospital, having Olivia Mae!
Isn't she just darling?!  I'm completely enamored all over again and so is Sawyer. Can you blame us?! June, on the other hand, is still not quite sure. She's not happy with the fact that her spot in mommy's lap has been usurped!

I've done absolutely nothing quilty/stitchy in forever (unless you include purchasing patterns -- I got two -- more later). In fact, last week I told Todd I really felt the need to get some crafting on, or I'd burst!  We had a ladies' event at church and the theme was flip flops, so I made a little wreath.  
It was fun, fast, and relatively inexpensive . . . only $15 and all my materials came from Dollar General!  I was very tickled with the way it turned out and the winner (we used it as both decoration and door prize) was very pleased!

We had all the kids and grandkids up at the camp for Father's Day.  It was a wonderful afternoon/evening of celebrating and eating and listening to the grands laugh and play!  I'd wanted to get a photo of Todd and I with all of them, but forgot to mention it until *after* we'd eaten dinner, ice cream cake, and played in the hot, humid, buggy camp!  Oh well, this is REAL life!
I wouldn't trade it for all the bug spray in the world!!

:)

18 sweet people commented:

Janet O. said...

Oh, Congrats to you on the new Grandbaby!! She is precious!
Ain't real life grand--bug spray and all?!?

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I think it is a sweet picture - all that grand love - you keep enjoying.

Kate said...

Olivia Mae is very sweet. Congrats on the new grand baby!

c. Joy said...

How wonderful! Congratulations to all! Thanks for sharing your joy with us.

Needled Mom said...

It's a great life! Congratulations to all.

Mary said...

Being Grandma is "GRAND" in your neck of the woods. Good thing you are on Facebook so I know you are still alive and kicking. Cute Olivia Mae!!! Enjoy the baby snuggles when you can.

Jeanie said...

So glad is wasn't turtle anarchy! :) Congrats to the whole family on your precious new member. What a delightful blessing!

gpc said...

A new grandchild, how wonderful! And look at those long fingers! She's a beauty. I was very unimpressed when my little sister was born, too, and remained unimpressed for all of my childhood. But thank goodness for her now, as adults we are bestest friends. :) You have a lovely family!

Momof3girls said...

Olivia looks just like June did. She is so precious.

Your wreath turned out great. Yes, I have missed you. Hope you will be back to posting daily very soon.

Sandi Colwell said...

Congratulations on your beautiful new addition! Olivia is so sweet. Enjoy your time with them!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Blogging always takes a back seat to time with the littles! Precious, precious, precious.

Barbara B said...

Sweet babies, all! Congratulations!

Sarah said...

It's good to know the turtle anarchists are under control!

Adorable picture of you, hubby and the grands! Looking forward to more...

Mom and Dad love to tell how I was unimpressed with my brother's arrival - love him to bits now!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What great things to be busy with. All those cuties!

Judy said...

Congrats on the precious new grand baby. Your Grand kids are adorable. I know they keep you busy.

Quilting Momma said...

Congrats! What lovely wee one's. They always take priority, but nice to see you passing on your bubbliness!

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a treasure that picture is going to be! Your newest gift from God is adorable. And looks like her grandmother :) blessings, marlene

Paula said...

Congrats! She is beautiful. Can't believe Sawyer has 2 siblings when it seem like he was just born.
The family picture....PRICELESS!
You have a beautiful family
Hugs