Sunday, June 01, 2014

stash enhancement time . . .

Overall,  I've added far less stash to my fabrics this year than I have by this point in the year for the past THREE years!  And honestly, most of what I've added I haven't purchased, either, I've been gifted ... the best kind of stash enhancements!  Still, at some point I need to get busy and USE some fabric...
This week's report reflects that best kind of enhancing . . . a double bonus, actually.  Not only was it gifted, but it was FAIRY FROST!!!  My sweet friend, Jean (Jean Creates), thought of me when she saw this packet of fabric, helping a friend get ready for a stash sale . . .
I do adore Michael Miller's Fairy Frost fabric line! And look at the lovely, wide assortment of colors!
The original owner must have purchased the material with a specific quilt/BOM in mind.  These five finished blocks came in the bag with the rest of the FF. I'd love to know what she was working on -- the first blocks are so pretty and I can totally see wrapping up in a frosted quilt!  These look like a familiar BOM to anyone?!

Jean knows me so well . . . she also tossed in a sweet yard of this darling tea fabric . . .
Isn't it pretty? And an Art to Heart book that I didn't have!  I adore these books -- they're always filled with such sweet, do-able projects!  And this one is filled with month-themed projects that can be appliqued, stitched, or done in wool -- and will fit perfectly on my mini-stand!
I like having *options*! Thank you again, Jean ... mmmmwaaaaah!

Todd and I spent yesterday moving stuff from the old RV, putting it away in the new RV and making improvements (hanging paper towel rack, drilling cable holes in cabinets, installing the DVD player in the bedroom, getting the ice maker working, etc.), feeding the turtles and critters (and catching a huge black and yellow centipede which I *didn't* touch), and watching the antics of the Cub Scout pack we have visiting the camp this weekend. It was a good day!

Linking up to the Stash Report at Patchwork Times.  Happy Sunday!

:)

7 left a comment . . .:

Needled Mom said...

Those blocks are really fabulous. I love the soft colors in them.

A centipede??? Oh yuck!

Kathie said...

What a wonderful friend to gift you with Fairy Frost!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a wonderful gift of fabric. I don't know which BOM they are from but using their size, you could use Quilter's Cache site and make more to go with them.

Jean(ie) said...

Love you! I chose them for the pumpkins!!!! ;)

Janet O. said...

It sounds (and looks) like Jean knows you well--right down to the pumpkins!!
That is such a sweet package she gifted you. I can imagine your joy upon opening.
I am so unsuccessful in the BOM department that I rarely do one, so I don't recognize that frosty project--sorry. : )

Sarah said...

Love the tea fabrics!

I was trying to find a theme for the blocks in case you need to create some blocks on your own. I think you could use EQ to find some blocks that have similar layouts...or add 1 more block and then make them again in different fabric order. Sew pretty!

Kate said...

Very pretty fabrics and blocks. Sorry I don't recognize the BOM the previous owner might have been working on.