Friday, May 30, 2014

controlled chaos . . .

Or, as my sister happily encourages, "Embrace the chaos!"

This is what I've been doing for several months! LOL! We still don't have quite *everything* moved over from the old RV, but we've been making progress (in between rain drops).  I would imagine by next week, we'll have gotten everything we are keeping, moved.  And everything we are letting go of, boxed up and either given away or donated. At first I was dreading the decisions of what to keep/what to let go, but it went very easily (thank You, Lord!) and there hasn't been any 'stuff' heartache!

My little sewing area is looking good . . .
Todd got the pegboard up for me and I moved over my 'Nina! The 'garage' space (the front storage under the hitch) was deeper than I thought and I was able to get a good bit in it.  Yay!  We also got the happy light strung.  Happy lights are very important.  ;)

I've really enjoyed putting out our homey touches . . .
There really wasn't the space to do this in the old RV, so seasonal decorating takes a whole new meaning!
And the views -- with more and *bigger* windows throughout -- make me smile, too. I love opening the shade to this bedroom window first thing in the morning! :)

I wasn't able to get to Paducah this year, but one of my darling quilting buddies (we're in guild and a stitcher's group together) saw this precious little pattern . . .
. . . thought of me and brought it back as a gift!  Isn't it darling?  I can't wait to make it -- in the fifth wheel version, of course (center bottom)!

We've been busy, busy with the turtle sanctuary, too!  Todd and I go out and feed them every morning.  Our tiniest little turtle is no bigger than a silver dollar! I captured some video of him eating a worm (that's nearly as big as he is) to share:
And then there's one-eyed Joe.  He is quite the character and actually comes running when I call (and when he can see I'm holding a worm).  Todd caught him on video, too:
We're really enjoying the sanctuary and also really enjoy sharing it with camp visitors (and the grands, who are as in love with turtles as I am)!

And since this *is* Feline Friday, I suppose it wouldn't be out of order to share a capture of Leia . . .
Leia, fish-slayer, that is. I have my worries for poor little Herman! (Ellie picked out the fish, his name, AND the purple rocks! Girl's got style.) Linking up to Feline Friday at sarah did it!

:)

15 noted . . .:

Cathy said...

Very cool trailers.... both the real one and the stitchery. The turtles are kinda cool, but the worms..... eeeuwwww!!

Mary said...

Have Fun with that 5th Wheel Trailer pattern. Perfect for you. Your sewing space looks great. More room to play. Happy Light? Leia looks ready for dinner...Hope Herman makes it.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love your new space and the pattern is really cute. Loved watching the turtles.

Janet O. said...

Looks like you are having fun in the new space. I LOVE the happy lights--they are important. I keep a little Christmas tree in my sewing room all year.
You have such great views!!
I have never seen a turtle perform like that before. Fascinating!
I think I am going to rename Leia "Darth Vader". She has that dark look!

Kris said...

Fun, fun post!! Hey your place is lookin' fabulous and the happy lights are just great!! Wow, that first little turtle is a chow hound!! Glad you are getting settled in!! LOVE the Home Sweet Home pattern (what a considerate friend) and the purple fishy rocks!! :-)

Barbara said...

Nice!

Paula said...

Your new home looks so nice. Good for you. Always fun arranging and decorating after a move. Enjoy!

I love Herman!
Hugs

Ranch Wife said...

You've created a lovely space for stitching. I love stitching with a view and you have a beautiful one. Its such fun to find the perfect spot for all of your treasures.
I'm laughing at the fact that you have a turtle that comes when you call - how sweet it that?! Cute videos.
And what a sweet stitching pattern - its just perfect.

Kate said...

Your sewing space looks great. It's good that you had more space than you thought you did and didn't have any problems with the sorting.

Missy Shay said...

I love that pattern!

Needled Mom said...

The cute pattern is going to be perfect for the new decor.

Your turtles are fabulous. What fun!

Teresa in Music City said...

Okay - I've really been out of the loop! I didn't know you got a new RV - Wow!!! How delightful, and I know you are enjoying fixing it up and making it yours :) Love the Happy Lights :*) Your friend sure did pick out a perfect gift for you from Paducah, didn't she?

Mdm Samm said...

your home is inviting and as lovely as your surroundings...love that pattern....

Jean(ie) said...

Herman needs to be alert for sure. Yay! I'm so glad you love your new space. It looks much homier than the last space. While I liked both, I see that this one is "more gooder". LOL! What are you going to do with the old one?

Marsha Hodgkins said...

I must get my hands on that Fifth wheel pattern!!! I've never come across one before with a 5r in it!