Sunday, June 07, 2015

happy birthday baby . . .

We had a blast celebrating Olivia Mae's first birthday, yesterday!  All the grands were in good spirits (all had taken afternoon naps, which makes a HUGE difference) and Kim had decided to keep it just family, so it was cozy and casual. The birthday girl was all smiles . . .
Isn't she precious??  She also enjoyed her first taste of CAKE!
LOL!  She pretty much demolished her piece of cake.  Such fun!  She wasn't quite so sure about her birthday present from us~
But her mommy was!  Sweet little bonnet pattern that Joc purchased. This is my first go at it. Here is is with out the beautiful baby . . .
It's cuter with the baby in it! Once I worked through the first one, it'll be a cinch to make more.  And though I used the 12-month pattern for Olivia's, I'll probably go back and make another bill (it's in two pieces, buttoned together) more the 18-month size.  Fun days!  Joc is now imagining bonnets for Everley for every occasion!  LOL!

Our tiger lilies are just spectacular this summer!  Look at all the pretty colors . . .
They make me smile every time I step outside!

I'd seen a cute little quilting motif online somewhere (I've looked and cannot figure out where it was), but I immediately saw wool potential.
It translated nicely!
Now I'm trying to decide if I like the tips of the leaves floating free, or if I want to back it with a second, larger piece.  Any thoughts?

Due to several little finishes here and there over the past (mumble, mumble) weeks, I've got a little something to report stash wise:

And I will have some time for a little slow, Sunday stitching today, too!  Todd is being ordained this afternoon and before the ordination service, he'll meet with a counsel of six pastors for a time of prayer and questions. I'm so proud of him!! And while he's meeting with the panel, I'll continue working on my tea piece . . .
I have to finish outline stitching the 'n' and then I'll move along to the cup and saucer.

Linking up to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts this morning.  Y'all have a wonderful day!

:)

13 left a comment . . .:

Kalicocreations said...

Wow! Where to start! Your grandbaby is so cute and she makes that bonnet even prettier. The tea cross stitch pattern is so cute and the flowers are lovely. But most of all, congratulations to Todd for his ordination today, I know that is a big milestone for the two of you.
Terry

Melissa Bishop said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Congratulations to Todd! Your little grand is so sweet ... and that bonnet is cute.

Kate said...

Congratulations to Todd! Enjoy your day of slow stitching while you recover from all that partying yesterday.

CathieJ said...

Your Tea for One picture drew me in. What a beautiful piece. Enjoy the ordination and that adorable little grandbaby. This was a wonderful post to read.

Mary said...

I love the buttoned Bonnet! That Grandbaby has your cute smile and sparkle. So happy to see you having fun with your cute family.

gpc said...

What a beautiful baby, and love the bonnet! I love the free tips of the leaves, I would leave them as is. I have never done wool work, but you tempt me every time. :)

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Very precious pictures!

Rhonda said...

What an adorable bonnet and the baby wearing it is just beautiful. So many wonderful things happening in your life and it looks like you are enjoying them all!

Dar said...

Your bonnet is adorable as is your granddaughter. Congrats to Todd and good numbers on your stash. I really like your leaf idea for wool. Makes for a cute Fall candle mat. I think I would back it the same size with no free tips, but either way it will still be pretty.

Quilter Kathy said...

She is adorable... with and without the fancy bonnet :)
Enjoy your stitching!

Needled Mom said...

Happy birthday to the big one year old! I LOVE the bonnet.

Congratulations to Todd too.

Your Tea for One is gorgeous.

Kris said...

What a beautiful face - well, actually both faces and that bonnet is darling!! Love how your Tea for One is coming along!! And your lilies are fabulous!!