Sunday, June 14, 2015

happy anniversary to us . . .

Yup, today Todd and I celebrate nineteen years of wedded bliss . . .
We were such sweet, young things! We're celebrating by giving a promotional talk about the camp to one church, and setting up for VBS at another church.  LOL! Just kidding . . . well, we are doing those things, but we also celebrated a little yesterday, and I imagine we'll celebrate a little more today!

It's also Flag Day!
I finished my mini tumbler flag just in time to celebrate!  I'd never worked with tumblers before so I learned a lot with this little piece.  I really do love it, though -- and it's a perfect tribute to the day!

And for some reason, even though we're just hitting summer full-blast, my crafty self keeps turning to fall projects, like this cute little patchwork pumpkin:
So you can imagine what kind of slow stitching I'll be doing (in the truck as we travel hither and yon) today. My sister gifted me with the pattern (and some pretty wools to play with, too)!  

Perhaps it's the fact that I've got volunteer pumpkins that are doing splendidly out front that has my mind on things fall??!
I've had volunteer plants shoot up before, but never like this, and they've *never* flowered!  I'm starting to get a little excited!

Speaking of excited, I was very excited to have this photo opportunity last week after Todd's ordination service:
Oh my gosh, what a precious family I am blessed with! Ellie had pretty much just woken up, and June had just gotten yet another 'boo-boo'.  Poor things!  I love the way Everley is patting her Paw-paw's back! It was a beautiful and moving service.  


My stash report hasn't really changed -- I included the mini tumbler in last week's report.
So that's all I've got this weekend!  Linking up with Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts.

Have a lovely, happy day!

:)

19 left a comment . . .:

Quayceetatter said...

Congrats on another mile stone!! Love the pumpkin...

Missy Shay said...

Happy Anniversary!

cajunquilter said...

I think our thoughts are turning to fall cause it is so hot. At least here in south louisiana it is.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a gorgeous bride you are! Happy Anniversary!
Hope you celebrate with lots of stitching time :)
Thanks for linking up!

Janet O. said...

What a handsome young couple--oh, and that first photo is nice, too. *LOL*
Congrats on your big day!
Love the little patriotic display. Your flag turned out very well.
Oh-great pumpkin project! We don't have any growing this year for the first time in decades.
Very beautiful family, and what a special event!

Mary said...

Happy Day to You and Your Sweetheart! Beautiful family Pic. Who is the Gray haired man in the back? I like you Tumbler Flag. Summer blossoms are on my Tomatoes, Cucumbers and flowers. I love Summer!

1000needles.com said...

Happy Anniversary!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Denise, happiness abounds for you!!! God is so good to us. Happy anniversary to you and Todd and congrats on Todd's ordination!! Love your tumbler flag and little punkin'!!! Happy Flag Day!!!

tink's mom said...

Wonderful family shot, so many adorable little ones. Congratulations on your anniversary. Happy Flag Day to you, enjoyed your tumbler flag.

Momof3girls said...

Happy Anniversary!
I love volunteer plants. Your pumpkin is cute. I love the flag. It turned out so pretty.

scraphappy said...

Happy Anniversary. What a beautiful group picture, catching everyone as they are adds to the charm.

Barbara B said...

Congratulations to you both! What a beautiful, growing family.

Jean(ie) said...

Congrats on your anniversary and congrats to Todd on his ordination! Two wonderful accomplishments to celebrate.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Happy belated anniversary! I love your little tumbler flag - so cute!

Needled Mom said...

Happy anniversary to both of you, What a nice group photo that is.

CathieJ said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you enjoyed your day however you chose to spend it. Your stitching is great. I love that pumpkin.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Happy Anniversary!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Goodness! Lots to celebrate! I'm so far behind, but didn't want to miss wishing you two cute kids a hearty congratulations and prayers for many happy years together! Congratulations to Todd too on his ordination! That is wonderful!