Wednesday, June 03, 2015

time flies . . .

When you're having fun.  And when you get to be *my* age, even when you're NOT having fun, it flies.  Seriously!!

But mostly, even at work, I'm having fun.  I can hardly believe the month of May has come and gone and it's June! I spent time stitching and visiting grandbabies and my parents through the month, did some traveling for work . . . anyway, let me pull out the pics!

First, I finished up stitching on Ellie's and Everley's little dresses:
These are so sweet!  I can't wait to see them in them!

I finished the flimsy on the little faux ruched flower piece.  You know how when you envision something in your head and you get it finished and it just doesn't quite match up with your vision?
That was this project.  I'm not sure whether or not to pull it apart and redo, let it go and leave it, or let it go and quilt it and be done!

After a long week at work, I snuck into the Nook and knocked out a little mug run for my desk at work . . .
Of course it's purple and sports a tea cup and saucer!  My co-worker wants one just like it, only with a green cup instead of the blue.

My folks did travel down for the long Memorial Day weekend.  We spent some time at the Botanical Gardens--
Who needs flowers when there are such darling little 'bud'dies as these three?!  We also went to the Alabama Balloon Jubilee. None of us had every been, so it was quite exciting and the children were completely enchanted. And even though they didn't lift off, because of high winds aloft, they did fire up the balloons and do their 'glow' finale, which was spectacular!
It really was quite beautiful!  But not nearly as beautiful as this one . . .
Or this one . . .
Who will be celebrating the big O-N-E on Saturday.  Wow!

I did some playing around with tumblers to come up with a piece for my mini-stand:
I've always wanted to make one of these!  And now thanks to two darling bloggy friends (Sarah from sarahdidit! and Janet from Rogue QuilterI), mine is all cut and ready to be pieced!  I'll hang mine from the side, instead of the top -- hope to have it ready for June 14 -- Flag Day!

I have also been thinking I needed a little 'tea' something for that same mini-stand.  I got on the computer and started playing around with graphics until I put together something I liked.  Like this:
Then I printed it in full color on a piece of heavy white cotton and put it in the hoop!
I was very pleased with the quality with which this printed. Whew! Now I'm going to embellish it with stitches . . .
Not the whole thing, but bits and pieces.  I'm thinking I'll add a frame in some tea-ish, floral print and then quilt it.  Fun!

So I'm thinking that's enough for now.  Time to get on with the business (aka busy-ness) of June. Before it's July!

:)

15 noted . . .:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What a fun and productive May! I love your little tumbler flag ... what size are your tumblers? I think I'd like to make one, too ... in time for Flag Day 2016 maybe. ;-) So many quilts, so little time.

Pat said...

What a great post!!! And yes...time does fly.

Melissa Labella said...

I too made a tumble flag. I have the creative grids ruler which made it super easy. If you decide to hang it from the side make sure to put the blue in the upper left still. I'm sure you already though of that though :0) Miss seeing you around you busy girl!

Cathy said...

Those grand babies of yours are the sweetest ever....... right up there with our Avery!! Are you working full time now? I have seen you mention it before, but thought it was a temporary thing.

Adrienne said...

You've been busy! And, yes, you are right - the real beauty is in our grandchildren. I love the stitching you've been doing. I must get busy and spend some creative time one of these days.
~Adrienne~

Mary said...

Love seeing your fun with your Grands. They are the best reward for getting older. Can't stop the clock on that one. Enjoy your stitching. Nice to see you Blog.

Missy Shay said...

The dresses are adorable! Your flag turned out great! I love your tea cup!

Ranch Wife said...

Well you certainly didn't let may grass grow under your feet last month! Sounds as if your days are filled with lovely things, both great and small. Happy to know you are managing to sneak in a little stitching. Like you, I do not know where the time goes, but its a good life and I know you are soaking it all in. Think of you often...good to hear from you!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute dresses.

Momof3girls said...

I have missed you so much! I was so excited to see your new post. Love all the pics of the grands and your crafting. Can't wait to see more! ;)

Kris said...

Those dresses are darling!! Glad you were able to spend time with family, and the kids are growing so fast - gorgeous!! Your flag is great and the "tea for one" is wonderful!! Looking forward to seeing that one completed!! Hey, we didn't get a picture of your mug rug!! :-)) Aren't balloon festivals great? I had the opportunity years and years ago to go to the big one in Albuquerque!!

Melissa Bishop said...

Adorable dresses and I love the flower quilt. I say keep it.

Sarah said...

Dang girlfriend - as if I wasn't tired enough today from playing EMT, I'm plumb tuckered looking at all your great projects and expeditions. You were quite productive!! It was also fun to go back and check my old post. The tumbler kit and black batik were purchased at a bi-annual quilt show that is taking place this weekend. I won't be able to go this year for various reasons...but that could save me a bundle of $$$$. LOL.

PS - you didn't say what you didn't like about the ruched project...is the scale off? It looks like the flowers could be too small for the stems and the blue bird needs some kind of outline to make him stand out. I still think it's an adorable project that you put a lot of time into. Not sure if I would just finish as is or tear it out...Unless I truly hated it (I don't!!), I would just leave it be...

Jas said...

Well done! Happy 1st birthday to the sweet girl! Thank you so much for linking up with Thursday Favorite Things this week!

Kate said...

Wow, those little ones seem to grow by leaps and bounds these days. Love your new tea inspired mini. That's going to be beautiful when you get it all done.