Saturday, July 25, 2015

o give me a home . . .

Mount Rushmore has been on my bucket list for a long, long, very long time.  So you can imagine how pleased I am to be able to cross it off the list!
We had a marvelous week in Custer, South Dakota.  It was breathtakingly beautiful.  From the mountainous Badlands . . .
To all the wildlife on the prairies (loved these kissing prairie dogs) . . .
To the oceans, white with foam.  Ooops ... got a little carried away there!  But hey, we did have a home, where the buffalo roamed . . . 
Seriously, that was outside our front door, nearly every morning! Splendiferous! Especially since there were SO many babies:
Gangling little things, aren't they? And the buffalo pretty much had free roam on the range.  Traffic? What's that?  You've gotta be somewhere by six o'clock?  What's that? I need to lay down here in front of your car and take a nap. Hahahaa!!

We saw so many wonderful, beautiful things.  My mind is still taking it all in.  What a grand, glorious creation God's given us!

:)

14 noted . . .:

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

We were at Mt. Rushmore two years ago in September and only saw fog and snow. Wow!!! What a view you had!!! Thanks for the photos. At least now I can pretend I saw that splendid monument until our next try. Great photos of the wildlife, too!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

How great! The closest I've been to Mt. Rushmore, is watching National Treasure 2.

Barbara said...

We visited that area after we bought our first trailer around 2003. It is so beautiful. I enjoyed seeing your pictures on FB too.

Mary said...

I have Children who have taken that trip with my Grnadkids to see Mt Rushmore...I haven't made it there, YET! Great Creations of a Loving Heavenly Father. Love that you wax Poetic once in a while. I saw Purple Mountain's Majesty across Wyoming a few years ago. It took my breath away.

Janet O. said...

On my bucket list, too. Can't remember what prevented us from going the year we planned it as our family vacation destination, but I haven't made it there yet.
Funny--I have a sudden urge to watch North By Northwest. : )
That is a lot of Buffalo!!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I enoyed seeing your posts on Instagram. What fun! Visiting all the National Parks in the NW quadrant of the US is on my bucket list, but since it would involve driving a lot and staying in a different hotel every night, I guess we won't, since our trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway confirmed that isn't how I like to travel. ha!

Needled Mom said...

It really is such a beautiful part of our country. I am glad you were able to cross it off your list while you enjoyed your visit.

Quilter Kathy said...

Gorgeous photos! I have never seen anything like it!

Melissa Bishop said...

Sounds like you're having lots of fun! Love baby animals and the landscapes are so unusual. Thank you for 'bringing us a long'!

Sherrill said...

I was there as a kid and remember taking a helicopter ride right up to the faces. SO COOL! Then we visited again when my oldest was 10 and took his same-aged cousin along. That was the best vacay as we went to Yellowstone, Glacier and then Grand Canyon after Rushmore. Three weeks trailering was such fun!!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Yes, this is also on my bucket list. Also hope to see Crazy Horse. Looks like you had a great trip

Missy Shay said...

This is on my bucket list too, looks beautiful!

Kate said...

What a cool trip. Looks like you saw lots of beautiful places. Buffalo we have here and yes they pretty much go where they want.

Kris said...

What a great trip!! Isn't Mount Rushmore just amazing?? And isn't that Janet O. just a hoot!! :-)) Drive safely!!