Wednesday, July 08, 2015

words aren't made, they grow . . .

I weep so forlornly when I consider the number of days that have passed since I've taken to my keyboard and "waxed eloquently" on the pages of my electronic journal . . .

Can you tell I'm (re)reading Anne of Green Gables right now??!  LOL! The post title is an Anne Shirley quote, too. I do love that cheeky little wordsmith! And since I'm reporting for Bibliophile Files, I thought it only fitting to kick it off that way. The sentiment is true, just a little more "fluffed" than I'd typically write it!

So, I'd downloaded the Anne of Green Gables Stories, which includes all but two of the series (Anne of Windy Poplars and  Anne of Ingleside, which are still under copyright, so I downloaded them separately) and have never got around to them. With a week of vacation stretching out ahead of me (that includes some long flying time), I decided the time was now!

I also downloaded Laura Child's Agony of the Leaves 'tea shop mystery' for a little diversity!  Her reads are such fun -- and I always glean such great recipes! Haha!

And I'll just admit it, I'm a big fan of ereaderiq.com, and visit it weekly to check out their kindle freebies.  This is what my email looked like yesterday afternoon:
They're free and I store them on icloud, so no harm done, right?  Talk about cheeky . . . !

I did finish my crazy patchwork pumpkin . . .
Isn't it darling?  I will enjoy putting it out in the proper timing.  In the meantime, I continue to coax our volunteer pumpkin plant to put forth a pumpkin (yes, I'd settle for ONE)!
I read that a pumpkin plants flowers first with male flowers, and then flowers out with female flowers.  And you can tell the difference because female flowers have a tiny pumpkin at the base! I'm still waiting for a female flower.

The grands are all doing well and enjoying summer fun!  I love my Monday evenings with the Panter crew . . .
(Shown here minus the youngest, who was already in bed.) They are such loves! Ellie had the opportunity to be a flower girl at her Aunt Jenna's wedding, and June came along for the ride (and the wedding cake). 
They both had such a blast on the dance floor -- and were definitely a joy to watch!

Still puttering away on my Tea for One pieces.  I've finished outlining the letters and am working on the cup and saucer.  
Not sure yet what I'm going to do with the flowers yet.  I want to do something with a little 'bling' to it.  Whether that will end up being metallic floss or beading, I haven't decided!

Caught a great shot of some of my favorite yellow wildflowers and a winged friend in the upper meadow of the camp . . . 
I shared it on instagram and facebook, but it's such a pretty photo, I wanted to share it here, too!  I also caught this really pretty sunrise photo, coming down the road outside the camp, heading to work one morning . . .
Originally there was a cell phone tower and a car in the picture, but I photo-shopped them out. Turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself!

Linking up today to the Bibliophile Files on sarah did it! and WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays on Esther's Blog.  Happy Wednesday!!

:)

15 left a comment . . .:

Teresa in Music City said...

Do you know, that is a series I have never yet read? Pretty earth-shattering, I know! I must remedy that immediately. The grands are growing up so quickly! And adorably of course :) Can't wait to see what you do with the tea cups - your projects are always so original.

Needled Mom said...

I Love the pumpkin piece!!! The little flower girl looks so sweet as do the other little ones.

Doniene said...

Hello Dear Denise!!!! What a wonderful plethora of goodies you shared!!!

LOVED the photos, loved the grands (who wouldn't!!!) And loved all the wonderful projects!!

Congrats on your anniversary! (I missed that post- sorry!)

Blessings and hugs!

Janet O. said...

My girls and I adored the "Anne" series! Haven't read them in years, but I have them all in hard copy form.
Your pumpkin turned out so cute. How can you wait to display it? Well, I guess it would look rather out of place amidst the red/white/blue. : )
Cute, cute kids. You are so lucky to have them all nearby.
Your "tea" project is very pretty. Are you putting some bling on the cup for the gold trim?
Love the nature photos. : )

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I read Anne years ago, but never the others in the series. I will have to see about downloading them. Reading has become therapy for me lately, so the more the better :-)

Mary said...

I'm glad you took time to BLOG about the Goings on in your world the Pictures on FB and IG tell only part of the story. Cute grands! Do you get them every Monday? Lucky You!! I watched Anne on PBS with my girls. It's been a while.

Momof3girls said...

Oh how I have missed you! Love all the pics!
I love Anne of Green Gables. I laughed, I cried. lol

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Love that photo of the yellow flower ... and of course of those little sweeties. Fabulous job on the photoshopped sunrise photo.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Oh, I forgot to mention how adorable your little projects are, especially that pumpkin piece. Cute!!

Sarah said...

Yowzer you have been a busy gal!!! I hate to admit this but I didn't realize there was more than one Anne story...I guess I better remedy that! Me thinks ereaderiq and Amazon must swoon when you "purchase" books. LOL. The grands certainly look like they are having fun and the girls in their party dresses are so adorable. Good luck with the pumpkin plant!!!

Lorene Holbrook said...

thanks for the book info! love to read!!! but I have to ask, where do I find the pattern for the pumpkin woolie? love it!!!!! thanks

Kris said...

Looks like life is pretty wonderful for you these days my dear friend!!

Glenda said...

Thats a great crazy pumpkin piece of Art, it really catches your eye. Also loved the sunrise photo, it is amazing what you can do with Photoshop. Ive really enjoyed my visit so much to see. Cheers Glenda

Kate said...

You've been busy. The pumpkin piece looks great. Good luck with your "real" pumpkin. My mom tried growing those once and they never did bloom. Enjoy your vacation time.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I re-read Anne of Green Gables this past Spring. I'd forgotten how much I loved it.