Saturday, April 30, 2016

tsk, tsk, tsk . . .

Shame on me, right? Letting seven weeks pass since my last real post! A body shouldn't get that busy, should they?  Or should they?!

What kept me so busy? Well, I spent some one-on-two time with Evey and Ellie.
One-on-three if you count Leia.  Which I don't. I love these silly, happy girls dearly, but they will wear a 'Neesey' out! 

We celebrated Todd's birthday.  Even the California crew got in on the celebratory singing . . .
I can't believe how much they've grown in the last six months. Especially Liv.  I can't wait to get out there to see them!

Most of the crafting I've done in the past two months was in preparation for VBS training. I was privileged to be on our Association's VBS team, leading crafts!
That training was two weeks ago -- whew!  That was one busy week! I love the 'Submerged' theme this year. All the fish are such fun!

The following week we (Todd and I) headed out for a much needed escape to the lake.  Todd did a lot of fishing and I did a lot of reading (I'd had my fill of fishes with VBS)!
We both were successful! ;)

One thing I haven't done a lot of is use fabric . . .
This stash report is the same as the last one I posted which was #11.  Gah.

But I have been keeping up with my ornament goal of two per month . . .
I finished up the second yo-yo tree and whipped up another wool gingerbread man. I'll be working on a ninth ornament tomorrow . . . for some slow Sunday stitching.

I also finished up a UFO and turned it into a pretty.  But it's a gift, so all you get to see is this:
Cuz I like to tease!

And I finished up the first quadrant of Evey's quilt, too.
This is going to be a lot bigger than I imagined it would be. LOL! Which is probably good, seeing as how she'll be TWO in September. 

Things have been busy, busy, busy at the camp. We've had a LOT of visitors already this spring, And right now we've got a BIG group arriving . . . Campers on Mission.
They are going to be arriving over the next two days . . .
And will spend the next two weeks working on the pavilion and other camp projects. There are already six RVs up in the main campground -- more than we've ever seen at one time! We're really excited about them being here!

Okay, so that's about it. I'll be linking up to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts. Have a great rest of the weekend!

:)

13 left a comment . . .:

Libby in TN said...

Missed hearing from you. Glad all is well.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh my the grands are growing!! I know you get busy around this time - glad to hear you guys some 'self' time.

Janet O. said...

Really good to see you again! You are one busy lady, with many important things on your plate.
So fun to see the kids and how they are growing.
Lots of fishy things in this post, but I love the painted toenails as you relax and read on the boat. : )
Cute, cute ornaments--and Evey's quilt looks like a happy one!
The camp looks so serene. What a beautiful place.

CathieJ said...

So glad you found the time to blog. Children can really keep you hopping as well as everything else. I love those ornaments. I think I may have to make some yo-yo trees myself.

kathy r said...

I babysit my grandchildren. They do take alot of time. But I love it.
Sewing gets put to the side but they are only babies once.
Kathleen Mary
Kathysnest32.wordpress.com

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds like very fun busyness, so that's wonderful... enjoy!
Love the ornament collection!

Jennifer said...

Grandkids are the best and your's sure are cuties. Love your gingerbread ornaments and all the pictures of VBS, fish, and camping.

Kate said...

I had wondered what you were up to. The kids are all growing so fast! But I think that is their job description. Hope you get some time for some stitching soon.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your grands are sooooo cute!!!! Reading on the boat looks like a very relaxing time!!!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You've been having a wonderful time I see....:) Good to hear from you.

Jeanne said...

Love those ornaments!

Sarah said...

Me thinks that Leia wants to join in Feline Friday or she wouldn't have deigned to make an appearance!! Glad you are busy and happy - the grands look fantastic as does the time on the lake. I didn't realize the RV folks were going to stick around for 2 weeks - they should be able to make great accomplishments around the camp!

Teresa in Music City said...

Looks like you are having the best sort of fun - babies and community and spending time with your main man! I was away from my blog for about 2 months too. Sometimes blogging just doesn't make it to the top of the priority list. It's good to touch base and see that all is well with you sweet friend!