Sunday, May 08, 2016

blasting through the weekend . . .

First things first . . .
Whether your babies are little or grown and have babies of their own or are fur babies, Happy Mother's Day to you!  I pray your day is filled with laughter and love!

I got a little stitching done this week.  I finished a second quadrant of Evey's quilt and realized I'd better find something to put in all of those white squares!  After a quick search online, I found this darling alphabet by Sublime Stitching . . . 
Aren't they fun??  The letters were way too small for the 5" blocks, so I enlarged them (by about 250%) and made them singles (and laminated them to keep them safe - haha!)--
I'll start sketching tracing these out in the next week or so and get busy stitching, stitching!

I stitched up my two ornaments for May at my Tuesday evening Stitcher's Group. One was a yo-yo wreath, that still needs a bow and a cord for hanging.
The second was a mini-poinsettia.
I've never thought about using the poinsettias as ornaments, but I think this will work nicely! I still need to find an appropriate sized button (the one pictured is a tad too big) and stitch it together and add the cord. I've got twenty-three days! LOL!

I've got a sweet little stitching project to work on this afternoon.  Joc had some blank tabs for one of the girls' dresses that she wanted to pizzazz up with something patriotic/4th of July-ish. So I worked up a couple of designs . . .
And she picked one . . .
And I'll stitch it up!  I'll use metallic red and blue floss for the firework and silver floss for the stars (which I'll satin stitch).  They should be very cute!

My fabric use has (again) been nil.
But it won't be long before I'm ready to quilt the quadrants of Evey's quilt and I'll need more fabric for the backing. Of course, the goal is to have it go in and right back out again!

It's been a very busy weekend!  Ellie came home with me on Thursday evening and we had a marvelous time doing all the things she wanted to do. Watch movies, color, play with buttons and drink tea.
She has very simple, specific desires which totally match my own! Thursday evening was very cool and we bundled up to take a golf cart ride:
On Friday morning we had a "Neesey and Ellie" date and went to Jacks for breakfast.  Evidently they make good pancakes.
And evidently, Ellie's quite the model. She had a little 'ham' with her pancakes! Silly, fun girl!

Friday evening and Saturday I spent in ESL (English as a Second Language) Teacher Training. It was fascinating and I hope to be able to put it to good use!
Saturday afternoon, I raced from ESL TT and put my hat on and headed to Emma's Tea Room, for afternoon tea with the Wears Chapel ladies!
We had a lovely time with lots of yummy goodies!!

Don't laugh, but from there, I raced back to the camp to join Todd for a fish fry he did for the Campers on Mission! The Campers on Mission have been very busy bees this week!  Check out the progress on the new back deck . . . 
We're so excited to see it come together!! I can totally see a group of rockers on this deck, facing out, filled with ladies doing handwork! This group has been such a HUGE blessing to the camp -- they are incredibly hard workers and love the Lord. Todd and I are hoping that the Camp can be added to their annual calendar. What fun!

I'm headed to church this morning -- I have both my preschool Sunday school class *and* preschool church this morning, so I've loaded up with double the Mother's Day crafting to do!  From there, I think I'll do my slow stitching on the front porch this afternoon.  Aaaaaah!  Linking up to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts. Y'all have a blessing-filled day, and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

:)

8 noted . . .:

Kalicocreations said...

Wow you really have been busy this week! Miss Ellie is a real cutie, looks like you made some good memories.
Terry

Melanie Jocson said...

You are busy! Sounds like you are enjoying all your activities and having fun so that's great! :) Happy Mother's Day!

Kate said...

Have a lovely Mother's Day. You've been so busy with work and play. Enjoy your slow stitching time this afternoon.

Janet O. said...

Those fun letters stitched in the blank blocks of Evey's quilt will be the perfect touch!
I hope we get to see a photo of the finished dress with those cute stitched tabs.
Oh, my goodness, Ellie made me laugh. She has posing with pancakes down pat!
Do you ever stop to breath, woman?!? Did you actually do any slow stitching? Nothing about this post felt "slow"!

Jeanna said...

So many wonderful activities in this post. Ellie is such a cutie and it sounds like you all had a great time.

Needled Mom said...

You have been busy. Your stitching projects are going to be beautiful.

It sounds like your time spent with Ellie was perfect. It looks like she was quite pleased with that large plate of pancakes!! She will love having the memories of time spent with you.

Sarah said...

Looks like you and Ellie had a grand time!!!
ESL teaching, huh? One of my jobs at the U of Miami was in the ESL department. Will the new deck have a roof? I assume that is what the posts are for. I can definitely see rockers for stitcher. Lemme grab my hexies and I'll be right there. LOL.

Mary said...

Love the hats. I had to scroll down to see what the Tabs and ABC's were for. Now I don't have to ask the question in your most recent post. Glad you had a good Mother's Day! Busy as always at the camp.