Saturday, December 31, 2016

out with the old . . .

Here it is . . . the last day of 2016.  Wow, this past year has simply flown by.  I don't know that I can handle time marching on any more quickly than it did this past year. If time moves more quickly the older one gets, I'm in trouble! I was woefully negligent to my bloggy-blog for the past twelve months--with only 41 posts for the entire year--but I don't for a minute regret the time I spent doing other things . . . like cuddling grandchildren, tinkering in the Nook (which actually was also a tad neglected), hanging out with my best friend/hubby, chilling on the lake, being with family . . . nope, no regrets. All-in-all it was a pretty terrific year!
Ellie and Evey agree that 2016 was pretty good!  :)
Todd and I will be serving our last Sunday at Wears Chapel tomorrow . . . so 2017 will be ushering in big changes right from the start. We plan on taking a brief furlough, visiting other churches in our association, before being re-assigned.  As of right now, we have no idea where we'll be!

I wanted to have closure on my 2016 stash report, so here it is . . .
. . . unchanged from the last one I reported on 11/20.  -grin-

And here's the first report for 2017 . . .
. . . all sparkly new and fresh and clean!  Although, I'll admit right off the bat that Patches & Stitches has it's annual sale on January 2nd, and I plan on being there. I wanted to start a little project, but realized I had very little 'grey' in my stash.  *sigh* At least I know it'll be out almost as soon as it's in!

Good thing wool isn't counted in stash reporting (and I'm not about to start). Todd and I took a little overnight jaunt to Nashville, just the two of us.
We stopped at Quilter's Square in Franklin, Tennessee, on the way home. They were having a nice little sale and I picked up some yummy wool (among other things, none of which was fabric) . . . 
Isn't that pretty?? And a four new little patterns, the bottom two of which are kits . . .
One of which I've started working on . . .
This will be my slow Sunday-into-Monday Stitching, for sure!

I'll be linking up to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts (tomorrow). Happy New Year's blessings to you and yours!

:)

10 noted . . .:

Needled Mom said...

No regrets.....such a nice thing to say about the past year. Wishing you best wishes in your new adventure and in all of your undertakings in 2017.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Family and me time is always first, so good for you. I am gathering bits of wool to try some small pieces as a new venture in 2017.

Ranch Wife said...

I'm with you sweet friend! Time is marching by so fast that it leaves me breathless, but the blessings are sweet and abundant. Wishing you more of that in the coming year as you two embark on new adventures together!

Kate said...

What a great note for the end of 2016! Happy New Year.

Kate said...

So nice to read such a positive outlook on 2016! I found that this past year flew by very quickly and I was blaming it on my age but apparently younger folk are having the same experience. All the best for 2017 ... the best is yet to come.

Jennifer said...

Congrats on a good 2016 and best wishes for the adventures ahead in 2017. Love your wool kits - I did some shopping last week and also picked up wool! I enjoy all the patterns and bright colors that are available now, and there were a few I just couldn't pass up (I don't count that as fabric in either). Hope you have a great week!

Mary said...

WHOA, A lot is happening in your world. A new Grandbaby and re-assignment coming in 2017. BIG Changes. Your Wool project looks fun. Happy New Year!

Karen said...

I like the flower and squares design very much.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your new project... so pretty! Enjoy your stitching!

SpicingUpIdaho said...

No regrets indeed! Time spent with family is the best spent time there is. What a lovely getaway in Nashville for you and hubby! And that new stash of wool looks wonderful, along with the new projects you have started on. Happy New Year to you :)