Sunday, November 05, 2017

come and gone . . .

Can you believe we're already into November??  How did that even happen?! And did everyone that needs to, fall back an hour? 
I know that a lot of people don't like the time change ... and *I* don't enjoy that we switch back and forth, but I do love the return to standard time! Oh -- and don't forget to change your smoke alarm and carbon monoxide batteries! (nod to Sarah!)

October was a fun and busy month. I feel like I got a lot accomplished, too. I finished two Christmas quilts and designed (or rather, resized) two more . . . 
The two I finished.
The two I've resized/redesigned, but not yet stitched. From table toppers, I think.  

The Heritage Quilters of Huntsville held their 15th bi-annual quilt show. My "The Pineapple Quilt" was in the "large quilts - one maker" category. 
It didn't place, but I overheard lots of nice comments on it!

We had a blast with the girls and my parents at the pumpkin patch!
You know my October isn't complete without a visit to the pumpkin patch.

Janet, that rogue quilter, and I had a mug rug swap for October. She gifted me with a LOT of extra goodies, too, in honor of my October birthday!  
Isn't this mug rug darling?  And perfect with my fall china! She knows me very well. :)  My mug rug to her was a combination of all my favorite things . . .
Hexies, English paper piecing, handwork, wool, batiks, embroidery, and pumpkins!!  Unfortunately, I (once again) forgot to get a pic of the finished product, but Janet has one in her post I've linked to, above.

Halloween was fun.  We started the festivities at my folk's house . . . 
My mom loves to decorate and cook for the theme, and the grands love it, too!

Joc and family costume as a family.  Can you guess who they were?
Ellie was Princess Peach, Evey was Mario, Joc was Luigi, Jason was Bowser, and sweet little Edie was a super star! Aren't they fun? Evey, in particular, in her mustache, just cracked me up!

Anyone who's followed me for a long time will get a sense of deja vu with this sweet capture:
Edie as Raggedy Ann. Originally, I stitched up the costume for a baby Ellie! I wonder who wears it best?

The California crew had fun trick or treating, too! Only their temperatures were a LOT hotter!
Sawyer was Darth Vader, June was a ninja, and Olivia was Rapunzel!  She *loved* the wig! They had a blast . . . wish I could've been in two places at once!

Now it's on to a time of Veteran's Day parades, turkeys, and cornucopias! (Not Santas or Christmas trees ... not yet!)

Happy Sunday!

:)

7 left a comment . . .:

Sarah said...

I love the pumpkin mug rug you made (just been over to your swap partners blog to see the finished item).

CathieJ said...

Your much rugs are great. Your pineapple quilt is beautiful. It is nice when people give you nice comments. I love those Halloween pics.

Janet O. said...

Look at you go on those Christmas quilts!
Your pineapple quilt is a lush explosion of color, Denise! Just beautiful, girl.
I love my pumpkin hanging in my kitchen. I smile every time I glance that way. :)
Your Mom sure knows how to set a holiday table. Looks very festive and fun.
Your family are all decked out very cleverly, but I have to say, little Edie stole my heart! What a little cherub!! Can you look at that face and not be happy??
No Santa or trees yet, just lights, right? :)

Needled Mom said...

Happy belated birthday to you. What day was it? Mine was the 14.

The Halloween costumes and the children all look so cute. We have one son who does the family theme too. I love your Mario gang.

Your pineapple quilt looks fantastic. I'll bet the comments were wonderful. Both mug rugs are great. The fall designs are so pretty.

roth phallyka said...

It is nice when people give you nice comments. I love those Halloween pics.


เย็ดสาว

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

You've been very busy in October! Loved all the pictures of the grands, such a special time for them! The Raggedy Anne costume was my favorite though, what a cutie in that outfit! Your pumpkin mug rug is amazing! Just gorgeous! You really do amazing work! I think you should have placed at the fair, your quilt is amazing! :) Hugs to you today!

Kate said...

Lots going on at your place. The Christmas quilts are fun. Oh my, those Calf. kiddos have gotten so big! Very cool costumes for Halloween.