Daylight savings time ends tonight! To that end, this cartoon made me laugh, laugh, laugh!
It's funny ... but it's also very true, no? Be sure you turn your clocks back ... and enjoy that extra hour of sleep in the morning! It's a little ironic to me that we get that extra hour of sleep on the morning that sun rises an hour earlier. Why can't we get it right?! LOL!
The girls were SO cute as the fairies from Sleeping Beauty!
Aren't they just precious?! Of course, they were the tip of the iceberg . . .
Jason was Prince Valiant, and Jocelyn was a fabulous Maleficent! Aren't they fun?? We had a good time manning their front door while the crew trick or treated.
I've been diligently working on my "Pick a Pumpkin" project, but this is all you get . . .
It'll be all ready on Wednesday!
I've also been working on mug rugs samples for our guild's December swap, which we'll introduce at this month's meeting. The theme is Christmas/Winter. Here are my offerings so far . . .
This is my own design, which I "prototyped" in Publisher. I'll clean up the quilting on the one I actually swap. I was struggling with the metallic thread I was using. Ugh. Here's the graphic from the mock up:
He's pretty close! The second one is also my design . . .
Also prototyped in Publisher . . .
But you can see my (semi)finished product ended up being a little bigger than the concept!
LOL! I got excited. I still need to quilt this one.
My slow Sunday stitching will involve stitching my wool pieces (the hat and scarf) down on the snowman and embellishing the tree. I've got to find the perfect star button to garnish the tree top!
Enjoy your day . . . make the most of it! And be sure to check out Kathy's Quilts to see what projects everyone is else slow stitching on!
:)










14 expressed . . .:
I'm trying to get all caught up on blog posts. That crew in California have all grown so much! I couldn't believe that was Sawyer. Looks like the local crew had a great time trick or treating, very fun costumes. Enjoy your slow stitching time this week. I'm looking forward to a little of that myself.
LOL It is hard to go back to dark evenings coming on so early.
Love the Sleeping Beauty Fairies and such. Excellent costumes--adorable fairies. The Prince and Maleficent are pretty darn good, too!
You created a great couple of mug rugs. I especially love the snowman. :)
Beautiful witches! L
I want the time to just stay one way 😩
Sadly that cartoon is spot on. My fitbit app is all discombobulated today about the “extra” hour. Well. Me too cuz the furkid actually let me sleep in. Your fairy godmothers are just adorable! Me thinks the tree mugrug is my fav altho Frosty is cute too. I can’t imagine circular FMQ is easy, let alone with metallic thread. Better you than me!
the whole family is just perfect for Halloween!
Oh my goodness, your girls are adorable! Especially in those outfits - perfect all the way around!
You have such a fun family... love your snowman mug rug too... and all your quilty stuff... thanks for blogging today!
Kathi
What great mug rugs! I agree on the time change... we were to stay on daylight saving time... but federal congress neglected to act on it so we got that extra hour of sleep again. At least the kids tolerated it well ... was terrible when they were younger.
Great halloween costumes.
Your mug rugs are cute! I think the guild members will love them. Have fun working on them today!
Those Sleeping Beauty fairies are so cute and so are the costumes. Love the snowman mug rug. Enjoy your stitching
I love that snowman mug rug. What a great idea. Those trick or treaters were really decked out. So adorable. I like that cartoon also. How true.
I love how everyone (including the adults) dress up for Halloween! Great ideas for your mug rug swap!
Wonderful costumes...the little girls are so cute! Such fun mug rugs too.
I love those sweet little fairies. It's always fun to see the families dress up together.
Love your snowman mug rug. Cute idea.
Post a Comment