Tuesday, November 06, 2018

pick a pumpkin; day two . . .

Were you able to check out all of yesterday's participants in the Pick a Pumpkin Blog Hop? Such creativity!
Today is Day Two and there's a whole new set of blogs to check out today:


I found another Kindle freebie to share with y'all today, too.  (Aren't I nice?)  Simple & Easy Pumpkin Drink Recipes by Hannie P. Scott.  I've gotten a number of her cookbooks and they're fun. The book description reads, "Are you looking for delicious holiday drink recipes your party or family gathering? This simple pumpkin drink recipe cookbook has 20 step-by-step tasty pumpkin recipes, Thanksgiving treats and fall recipes for anyone looking delicious and nostalgic treats!"  There ya' go.  There were a couple of alcoholic drinks (which I don't bother with), but enough non-alcoholic drinks (lattes, smoothies, hot chocolates, etc.) to make it worth it for me. :)

Today's pumpkin joke is courtesy of Reader's Digest . . .

Q: How do you fix a damaged jack-o-lantern? 
A: You use a pumpkin patch!

Fun pumpkin fact:  Pumpkins have been grown in North America for about 5000 years. Wow! Really??

Finally, a couple more past pumpkin projects I've had the pleasure of creating in years past . . .

Wool Pumpkin Candle Mat (Ellie has her first stitch in this one) - 2013
My football-themed display was such fun to create.  Roll Tide! - 2013
Quilted Pumpkin for Mini-Stand - 2013
Pumpkin Pie!!! This is from 2014, but it's my fave and I make it EVERY year!
Monogrammed Pumpkin Door Hanger - 2014
White Pumpkin Wool Mat - 2014
Okay -- that's enough from me today.  Be sure to visit all of today's pick a pumpkin participants -- and have a pumpkin party!

:)

11 expressed . . .:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the pumpkin patch joke LOL - and love pumpkin recipes! well check it out

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

What a wonderful review of projects, love the wool applique!

Janet O. said...

These pumpkin posts are so fun, Denise.
I have no doubt you have enough material to keep us entertained throughout the hop--and probably beyond. :)

Quilting Tangent said...

Wonderful collection of projects and pies.

Mary said...

You're too pun-y. Punkin fun. You really do like everything Pumpkin

GranChris said...

I love all the projects and now I'm hungry.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love your wool mats. The joke made me giggle this morning.

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Wonderful Wooly projects! Thanks for the recipe link too.

works4me said...

Thanks for the really nice assortment of pumpkins. The football themed display is my favourite. Well done.

Susan said...

Adorable! And love the place mats too!

Pamela said...

Great pumpkin projects! I really like the wool mat.