Monday, April 01, 2013

timing is everything . . .

Right?  I hesitated about posting this post this morning because it *is* April Fool's Day.  But it is what it is, and I'm forging ahead!

Today I'll be sending an e-mailout from our ministry (which, if you've got any interest in being on that mailing list, just let me know) sharing that Todd has officially put in his paperwork with the City of Huntsville and will be retired as of May 1, 2013!  We're so excited!  
Todd's Rookie Class - 1988
With the crew at Station #6 - 2011
Interestingly enough, four of the guys pictured here are also in the 1988 picture--considering the City's fire department has 18 stations, 3 shifts and over 300 men and women manning those stations, that's quite a feat!
My sweet husband, who has faithfully served the residents and business owners of Huntsville for twenty-five years, is ecstatic -- he's so anxious to move into full time ministry!  Not that it doesn't come with a little anxiety . . . but we're stepping out in faith, truly believing this is the direction God's placed before us.

All that to say, I'm putting the blog on hiatus. For a bit.  Probably not forever ... maybe not longer than a week or two.  But I'm shifting priorities and the blog falls low on the list for now. While it saddens me ... because I dearly love the true friends I've made in the blogosphere, I also know it's the right move, because it's a relief.  Of course, I'll still be around -- I'll read and keep up with y'all and your antics -- just mostly as a dreaded *lurker*.  LOL!  And when I do get back to blogging, it will be more sporadically and a blog less about quilting (hahaha -- I don't know that this particular blog can get less about quilting!) and more about life and mostly aimed at those who care about my life (and kids and grandkids especially).  

Speaking of which, we had a marvelous weekend coloring Easter eggs, hunting them, and celebrating Resurrection Day with family.  I made the mistake of not taking my camera (and not having my phone handy) for pics yesterday, so I'll have to wait on the son and son-in-law to see those pictures.  But I can share these:
Ellie with Mommy and Neesey at Dublin Park.
Sawyer took his egg dyeing responsibilities very seriously.
He had fun finding eggs, too!
But really, why look for eggs when there are perfectly good sticks just lying around??!
Enjoying the spoils of the hunt!
Sawyer won second place for most eggs found in the pre-school division!
Ellie enjoyed her first Easter egg hunt!
She's very serious about her finds.
She was a little less serious about her first Jello Easter egg!
Kudos to Todd and Kim for snapping shots of June yesterday!  Isn't she darling in her little Easter dress?  She desperately wanted to be a part of all the action!  (She's a feisty little thing!)
Had to toss this in -- a New York style cheesecake -- baked in a water bath and everything.  The recipe was a winner -- you can find it at Food For A Hungry Soul.
And if you're were seriously looking for a clever April Fool's Day joke, may I make a suggestion?  Try THIS one--compliments of The Quilt Show--on for size!

:)

24 noted . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

We will all miss your posts, but life does hand us priorities and I hope you peek in on us from time to time.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Denise this is such an exciting announcement. And yes I can understand the anxiety, but it is truely stepping out on faith. Might I suggest an amazing book? It's called "Wrestling Prayer" by Eric and Leslie Ludy. This message is powerful and directs you to the weapons for your journey.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh sweet friend! It has been such a blessing to get to know you, and I am thrilled for you that your life is moving in a direction that makes you happy! Promise to keep in touch and enjoy your new life to the fullest!!!!
Hugs & Blessings
=^..^=

sew.darn.quilt said...

Wishing you all the best in your adventures. I'll miss your smile :)

Cathy said...

I'm so happy for you both!! God is good, and will fully supply all your needs. I will miss your blog posts, though. I've loved getting to know you through our blogs, and will miss you.

Janet O. said...

Oh, Denise, you have been such a delight to get to know. What a bright spot in my day your blog and comments have been. But you have your priorities straight and I cheer you on as you move in a new direction. Blessings be with you--and I hope to follow your progress in the future--quilting or not!

Norece said...

What a exciting time for you and your family. A dream come true. Nothing is better than that. I will enjoy reading about your new adventures. God bless and have fun.

Mary said...

Enjoy your new journey where ever it takes you. We'll still be out here in Blogland, waiting to hear from you when you have the time to BLOG! Keep posting the cuties on Facebook!

Jean(ie) said...

I am so excited that this is all coming true now. So exciting!

This new walk/adventure will be great. I'll still keep up here and with you on other planes.

I cant wait to hear how it all goes.

Missy Shay said...

I'll miss you, but understand that your ministry comes first!
I watched that video at 5:30 this morning and was half asleep and my husband was leaning over my shoulder and said it must be an April Fool's joke, I felt a little foolish. LOL

Jeanie said...

Following God's will is always the best path of all! Good luck on this new chapter of your life!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You know what is correct for YOU. We'll miss you, but, we'll still be here when you want/need us. Sounds like you are working on keeping your priorities straight. Good for you. Enjoy your family, and all the things you have coming up.

Lee D said...

Happy retirement and life changing moments. I will miss reading your blog posts and seeing your grand babies smiles. Wishing you well. Stop by and lurk all you want.

Lyndsey said...

Good luck in your life changing time. It has been a privilege to follow you and your family via your blog and I hope to be able to watch those grandchildren as they grow and hear about your new life however sporadically.

Kate said...

Good luck to you and Todd in your "new" adventure. I've enjoyed seeing all your projects and all the antics of Sawyer and the little girls (who will be giving Sawyer a run for his money before much longer). Please pop in every now and then to let us know how the move to full time ministry goes.

Wendy said...

What wonderful joy you all must be experiencing! Certainly trepidation but, congratulations!! to you and your husband ... May God continue to bless you along every step you take in faith. Thank you for all you have shared!

Grammasheri said...

Change is both scary and exciting, all at the same time! My prayers go with you as you begin this new chapter in your life. Blessings to you both as you follow where God leads...

gramma sheri

Pat said...

Congratulations to Todd! As for your blog, ever since I got on FB, I haven't visited "Blogland" that much.......both to write on my own blog AND to read others. :( Somehow, FB seems so much easier, although, I guess it really isn't. We will keep in touch...even if it's not primarily with the blogs. The grands look ADORABLE involved in all their Easter activities! Thanks for sharing.

BudandMarsha said...

Denise. I am happy for you and your husband. It will be a future filled with challenges, joys and prayer. I understand the need to set the blog aside.
That doesn't mean I'm not going to miss hearing about your grands and your life. Hope to stay in touch with you in some way.
God bless.!! Marsha

Paula said...

Congrats and Good Luck to you both! What an exciting time for you. I will miss you and your posts and the grand babies.
Look forward to hearing about your new adventures with the Lord.
Hugs

Sarah said...

I will certainly miss reading your blog but I know where & how to find you in the meantime. LOL! I wish both of you the best on this new journey!

Katherines Corner said...

I will miss you so much. But I am excited for your new adventure. I hope you will let us all know when you come back ieven if you only post once in a while. Love the photos too. Congrats to your hubby. My husband just celebrated 25 years with his company. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop.Your participation helps to make it fun xo. P.S. I posted the new giveaway yesterday, come on over and get your entry in :-)

Ranch Wife said...

You are truly missed, but I am over the moon excited for the new adventure that lies ahead for y'all! Sending prayers that God will bless you abundantly and I hope you'll pop in every now and then and share the great things He is doing through your ministry! Add me to that list so I can keep up and pray!

Denise :) said...

Where do I go with blogging from here....this is my question!!! :)