Monday, May 19, 2014

designing the space . . .

Still playing around with my space.  Todd and I decided that since we had such a great living room space, we'd give up the dining area to quilting/stitching/sewing. Here's what I've come up with so far . . .
 My fat quarter tubs, by color.


Room for my tea service of the season!

You can't beat the view!!

Still some work to be done and some things (like my sewing machine) to come over from the other RV.  Plus my big storage containers of yardage will go in the 'garage' (the front storage space under the RV) along with some other crafty things.  Once I actually get back to quilting/sewing, I'll see what works and what doesn't. 
Todd's going to re-hang my peg board so my tools are handy again.  And the ironing board will fit nicely in the corner on the left.  I'll make it mine!

:)

13 left a comment . . .:

cq4fun said...

That's in the slide-out? I love the view! What a great idea. Too bad I don't have a flat spot around my house, living on the side of a hill. I could do that with my fifth wheel!

Mary said...

YEA! Todd is a great Quilter's Hubby. Looks like you have the right idea going. The view is Awesome!

Jean(ie) said...

It's going to be good. I know you'll have tons more living room now. Hubby is sweet to give up the dining area for you. You'll probably go through a few versions of your set up before finding something that works.

Missy Shay said...

That is a gorgeous view! How sweet of him to let you take over the dining room!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Like how you are making do.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What a wonderful view to stitch by. Looks like you are progressing well with the move in.

Janet O. said...

Wow, the view can't be beat. Makes me think of those fake "views" people sometimes use in the windows of city apartments so they don't see the bricks of the building next door--but yours is the real thing!

Kris said...

Oh, Janet just cracks me up!! Leave it to her!! So funny!! Your view is gorgeous, Denise and how fun to have a bit more space!! Now go fill it up!! :-))

Doniene said...

What an absolutely stunning view - I'm not sure I would get much sewing done!!!
I'm so proud (isn't that a great Southern saying!! kinda like "Bless Your Heart!!LOL) for you!! What a great transition!!. Wish I was closer to help you out!! Wouldn't that be fun!! What two little cuties!!! What a treat for Niecy (right)!!

Blessings and hugs!

Sarah said...

It's too bad that you lost storage space and a door to close off your "mess" but I do think the new view is well worth it. Are your feeders out this window? I might not get anything done with this view...

Paula said...

Congrats on your new home! Isn't it fun putting everything in place and finding those "special" spots for quilting! Enjoy your new home and the space.
Hugs

Kate said...

Have fun trying out your new sewing space. I have to agree, with that view it would be hard to get anything done some days.

Quilting Momma said...

OK Denise! I miss my favorite blogger! I love the new home and I know you are busy....but really! There are some of us that miss you lots! You keep me motivated! So...for your viewing pleasure I went to Heritage Park Festival of Quilts here in Calgary! Come check it out and see if I can motivate you! Calgary quilting momma.blogspot.com ! Wishing you much blessings and sending you some quilting mojo from Calgary! God Bless!