Sunday, May 18, 2014

ch-ch-changes . . .

Ummm.  Yeah.  So it's been a while since I reported on my stash.  Of course, it's been a while since there were any changes to it, so I don't feel too badly about keeping quiet.  And really, my change this week was trivial . . . just a fat quarter donated to the guild for our raffle quilt:
See?  Tiny change for a span of six weeks!  I won't even both with my fifteen minute report, because it would be non-existent too!  Linking on up to the stash report at Patchwork Times.

That's not to say that there haven't been some BIG changes going on around here.  Oh yeah, there's been change.  Big HUGE change!  Just over two years ago, I posted about a new RV layout that we'd seen and fallen in love with.  And just under two weeks ago, we made the move into it!
Whoa!  Yeah, it's so big I couldn't get it all in the picture.  LOL!

But it means I've been in transition for two weeks and I've still not got my sewing area totally figured out. Or actually, what of my quilting stuff I'll keep! While our living space is marvelous . . . our storage space was reduced quite a bit.  
But the trade off . . . being able to have both our kids' families over for Mother's Day and have comfortable seating in the living room for everyone and be able to have dinner and watch a movie together (though some preferred to stand directly in front of the television to watch) . . . was *totally* worth it!  So we're downsizing everything. Should be an interesting transition!  I'll report back as we settle in!

:)

10 noted . . .:

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

I checked your blog earlier today because you had been so quiet!! What fun to have a larger RV. Bummer about the downsizing. LOL!!

Libby in TN said...

My husband would like to live like you do. I'm not sure I'm ready for it (or able, quite frankly!). So I suggested we rent an RV for a couple of dry runs before we make a commitment ;-). Sorry you're having to downsize in the storage department.

Mary said...

Maybe you will have to set up a table and tent outside to sew just in the Summer and Springtime. Glad you had your family close for Mother's Day!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I would love to live like you do - there are tricks to gaining storage. Don't lose too much in your down sizing.

Jean(ie) said...

Yay!!!! YOu'll figure out the storage thing. I know you will. Have fun putting in the homey touches.

Ranch Wife said...

Oh,, I'm excited for you! I do hope you'll give us a tour! As creative as you are, you will find a place for the things that really matter. Seeing those 2 little munchkins pressed up against the tv makes me think you already have!

Janet O. said...

How does a gal give up her storage space? Well, I guess the trade-off of space to gather those precious ones together at your home would be highly motivating!
Would love to see your new sewing space when you get settled in! : )

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Have fun getting settled.

Sarah said...

Holy Schmoly - I can't imagine pulling your huge RV behind me driving anywhere. That's fabulous that you can have every one over at once, even if they decide to get a close up of the movie :)

Kate said...

Congrats on the new digs! Looks like everyone is enjoying the change.